The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's do the Sun 8/31 day.

We can do the Todd route (Marengo to Lake Geneva) with a couple of extra AWESOME roads that Khurrum shared with us.

I'm also working with the guys at Team Blackhawk to do aerial drone video. The more cars we have, the cheaper it is per car. Would be insanely cool to have (similar to the video Lotus F1) put up.

Here's the link from what they did at SCS last weekend:

SuperCar Saturdays Aerial Video - Bannockburn, IL - 2014 on Vimeo

If we can't get a great turnout, perhaps we use them for the Wisconsin Drive in September (more cars?). Downside is we'd probably have to pay for their mileage to travel.

Chime in!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, Mike and Kim are the only ones who responded.

Shocker.

Moto44 Wept!

:)

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
interested but chances are good I'm in michigan that weekend, so i'm out.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
863 Posts
Wow, not much of a turn out yet. It's starting to feel like a little family between the few of us, except I must be adopted because I'm not CO.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm hoping to attend. It's been awhile since I've been on a drive.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, Rob - you're still alive? Be glad to have you!

I think we'll bag on the Aerial video thing. Let's save that until the 9/21 drive when we have more cars and more variety.

I'll send updates next week.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Haha, yep, Jeff. I'm still alive... Married and with a ~8 month old daughter now, so I just don't have as much Lotus time as I used to have. We may look into renting a boat or kayaks or something in Lake Geneva following the drive up there.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. Rent from lake Geneva marine on the west side (next to chucks). Less chaotic than downtown. Tell Kevin I sent you. Great guy. Used to keep my boat there

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys - I gotta bail.

Having some issues with my supercharger and I won't have the car back by then.

Uggh. Looks like the next real one is 9/21 in Wisconsin.

Also - notice that Chicago Rally is doing their Lake Geneva rally on 9/7. Would love to do that but it's the same day as the British Car Show AND the Bears opener.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
863 Posts
That's alright. Turns out I might not have my car back by next week Sunday either. I took her in yesterday to have my cold start issue looked into. Who knows what they're going to find or need to order. I'm hoping for everything to be sorted by next weekend (with working subwoofer), but we'll see what happens when they start digging into the engine issue. 9/21 is looking like it'll be a good turn out though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I really want to make one of these drives. 9/21 is now out for me (I return to MKE ard 4pm from a work trip that week), so next Sunday might be the best opportunity. I will stay tuned.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How are u liking that supercharger setup? You got the vf2 kit right?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd be open for it but would do it in my audi.

Lemme know if anyone wants to do it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
How are u liking that supercharger setup? You got the vf2 kit right?
it is so nice.. I love it. I hope the clutch/transmission last a while. I haven done any 0-60 from a complete stop, but i have floored it from maybe 10-15 mph. I am being nice to the car for now. After i change the clutch to something better, then it should be good.

it seems like i won't make it tomorrow :( things came up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts