The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am about ready to purchase either a 2007 Exige S or a 2008 Exige S240. Being in CT, my only dealer to work with is Valenti, who doesn't have any Exiges in stock. I know there are many differences between the 2007 vs. the 2008 and I just want to get a feel for each car before I put a down payment on a car in California or somewhere else far away.

I would be more than happy to be a passenger in the car just so I could see and hear the differences seeing as one of my big concerns is the build quality in the 2007 vs. the 2008 as well as the sound deadening. Although, I must say, I would not pass up a drive if offered. If you could get back to me ASAP I would really appreciate it as I am just about to pull the trigger!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Great to have another CT Lotus owner. Buy the best deal on a car you can find. I got my '07Exige on ebay in SD. Had several nice chats with the seller and it had all the options & color I wanted. I know there are some differences with the 2 model years so make sure you define the purpose for the car and get the options you want so you will be happy.

I'd certainly offer a ride but mine is up on my lift as I am putting in a bunch of suspension, safety and performance mods for track performance. PM me if you want to chat.

Good Luck with your search.
Jim

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I'll be washing mine in 45 min, if you want to drive my 240 today give me a ring..I'll pm you my #

·
Registered
440 Posts
Backpain is a great guy he should be able to help you!! I've been in both cars and frankly if you are not that familiar with these sorts of vehicles (I'm not sure if you are or not), I don't think you will notice much of a difference. Yes, the 240 has more power but that can easily be solved with a tune. The brakes are better on the 240, but if you are driving on the street you really don't benefit from the additional stopping power...the '07's were just fine. Yes, the interior is different, but it's not overwhelming. It's still a sparsely equipped vehicle with lots of road noise, no rearview, and excellent handling characteristics.

Now, if you compare the Exige vs the Elise, well, that imo is a big difference. The Exiges are much more comfortable at street driving. It's simply more relaxed since the power is available between a wider range of rpm's. And, despite the emphasis on absolute track performance, the '08 Exige S 240 has been the most comfortable Lotus I've ever driven, period. And I attribute this all to the engine. Maybe the suspension was at it's softest settings as well, but I'm not sure. Either way they are fun cars. Definitely ask yourself what your goal is when purchasing these vehicles...will it be a fun road car, or a track car.

For more exposure to these beauties, we will be having a meet here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f110/leo-event-catskill-spirited-drive-aug-16th-76875/

Cheers,
Ciro :)

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,312 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
That's a nice car, I would have bought it if it were for sale in March when I got my 240..

Hey wallabyguy, any word on opening another dealer in Ct? I heard rumors you guys might..

Btw I have the elise soft top on from my Newenglandrally.com run I did this past weekend, so we can put the hard top on after the first drive, that way you can get the idea of what it sounds like both ways..

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I can vouch for Justin. He does take care of his cars. He and Wallabyguy probably know what I'm talking about.

Sad to see you're selling though. Goodluck with it.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Hey, you can drive my supercharged car Elise. Just try not to crash. And um... be licensed to drive. :p

Let me know when you're around Westchester.
Yeah what he said.. I can just see him showing up at my door, 16 years old with a drivers permit.lol

Seriously though, he was supposed to call me yesterday for a ride but he was a no show/call. He has not been back on here either.. Hope he's ok..

Anyone here doing the Hurdle rally in Southington this weekend?
Hurdle 2009 National GTA RoadRally | New England Region

1 - 11 of 11 Posts