The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alphabet Soup Spirited group drive

This is the rescheduled date from August 9!

Time: Meet: 9:00 AM, Wheels Up: 9:30 AM
801 WI-69
New Glarus, WI 53574

We’ll be meeting at the Chalet Landhaus parking lot. There is a BP gas station next door to fill up at. I looked at the New Glarus calendar of events and I don't think anything will interfere.

We will be stopping at Culvers in Spring Green for lunch. However, if anyone has any other lunch suggestions, please leave them below.

There are actually 4 legs to this drive. We will be doing the first two before lunch. If there is a interest to do the other two legs.........I will consider doing those also.

I enjoy to drive with the Lotus crew, but friends of Lotus cars are also welcome! My only rule is that whoever joins needs to be able to keep up. Feel free to copy the list and add your name if you plan to make it and what you'll be bringing. Hope to see everyone there!

1. PervrseWI- Lotus Evora GT- Olive Green

·
He's on fire!
3,261 Posts
hmm, this might have fallen into a window i can make. Will know better after this weekend

·
Registered
531 Posts
I’m in with my 06 Elise SC. Should have a few friends convoying along from the Chicago area too!

@NoRawkus305 ; @Entropy240 ;

Gabe and Terry, I’m calling you two out again. Would be cool to all drive up there. Convince the wives!

@Falsey ; we’ve never met but I thing you’re from our Chicagoland area too

@Verichai ; @Chicagomax ; I know you guys are not too far. Let me know if you want to meet up as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
So wish I had my Elise already for this; it’s local to me. Question: where’s the best place to get a Lotus serviced near Madison?

·
Registered
93 Posts
@Brandonm84 I agree with you this sounds like it would be a great weekend run and as much as I would love to exercise my toy I can't make it. My front clam is currently off doing a radiator replacement and some other odds and ends. The good news is that once this is completed I should never have to revisit it. I hope you and all who attend have a fantastic time, and be sure and post some pics.

Regards
Terry

·
Registered
41 Posts
Question: where’s the best place to get a Lotus serviced near Madison?
There's Kelly Moss Racing in Fitchburg, not far off the Beltline. They work on pretty high end cars and I know they're at least willing to work on Lotuses. I haven't had any work done by them yet but I liked what I saw when I went there.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
@Brandonm84 I agree with you this sounds like it would be a great weekend run and as much as I would love to exercise my toy I can't make it. My front clam is currently off doing a radiator replacement and some other odds and ends. The good news is that once this is completed I should never have to revisit it. I hope you and all who attend have a fantastic time, and be sure and post some pics.

Regards
Terry
You wouldnt happen to have your Exige at Lotus of Glenview, IL ? I saw an Exige just like your Avatar there when I was dropping off my Elise for clam off radiator work, Oil line recall, rear toe links, Stainless steel braided brakes lines and replace front brake aluminum pistons with steel. with alignment

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll be heading up with @Brandonm84 but I'll be driving an 05 GTO

·
Registered
93 Posts
You wouldnt happen to have your Exige at Lotus of Glenview, IL ? I saw an Exige just like your Avatar there when I was dropping off my Elise for clam off radiator work, Oil line recall, rear toe links, Stainless steel braided brakes lines and replace front brake aluminum pistons with steel. with alignment
Yep, that was my car. I was there yesterday dropping off the radiator to be installed and saw them finishing up working on your car. Tasteful mods on your car btw, especially like the red accent on your diffuser.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Yep, that was my car. I was there yesterday dropping off the radiator to be installed and saw them finishing up working on your car. Tasteful mods on your car btw, especially like the red accent on your diffuser.
Thank you Entropy240. Well, I was digging your Exige! Jon mentioned to me your also installing the F1 Radiator. NICE!!! Hope to meet you in person sometime!
Did they have my front clam off yesterday? Anyways, sorry for the hijack.

If my car is in order in a few days and things fall in place I'll head to the drive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you Entropy240. Well, I was digging your Exige! Jon mentioned to me your also installing the F1 Radiator. NICE!!! Hope to meet you in person sometime!
Did they have my front clam off yesterday? Anyways, sorry for the hijack.

If my car is in order in a few days and things fall in place I'll head to the drive.
I'm glad you liked my car, it's been sitting out a couple days now and is fairly dirty atm, it needs a good wash.

I was at the dealership at 4:50 yesterday afternoon, and your clam was on the car at that point.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
i wont be able to make it this Sunday unfortunately... some fam stuff came up that i cant bail on... but this route is a good one for those who havnt driven it yet & the weather looks likes its gonna be nice. have fun!

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i wont be able to make it this Sunday unfortunately... some fam stuff came up that i cant bail on... but this route is a good one for those who havnt driven it yet & the weather looks likes its gonna be nice. have fun!
Sorry to hear that you can’t make it! Maybe the next one than. The weather does look like it should be okay.....even with a very very very slight chance of rain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great meeting everyone and welcoming the only Non Lotus in the ride. Here are a couple of pictures I grabbed of the group.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wow! What an amazing drive! This is what being a car/driving enthusiast is all about!

It was also great to meet new faces and swap stories about our cars. Special thanks to Brian and his co-pilot Amanda for leading this drive.

Looking forward to the next one!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts