The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Lotus Evora S
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much reading here, I have decided to go with 245/35r19 front and 285/30r20 rear tires on my stock forged wheels.
Has anyone tried the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 tires on our cars?
I was intending to use Michelin PS4 since the Michelin Cups are a 180 rating and cant be used in the Street classes. The Goodyear’s are a 220 rating to the PS4’s 300 and have good reviews everywhere (mostly on tracked Camaro’s) but I wondered how they would do on our cars......
(They are also $200 less per set)

·
Scott M
293 Posts
I only autocrossed my Evora once, but consistently race my BRZ in Street Touring X (also a street tire class in SCCA). The Evora felt good with PS4s. I expected to be annoyed with the difference between the PS4 and the Bridgestone RE71 I use on the Subaru: I wasn't. For occasional autocross use, I'd probably just use the PS4s... Too good all around for me to seriously consider another tire.

Edit/Correction: I should have typed PS4S, not just S4.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Forget wear ratings. Most useless number on a tire.

My vote goes with Conti ECS.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use the PS4S as my street tire and heavy rain/standing water autocross tire. It is a really good all rounder, but is significantly slower than the RE71, AD052, Rival-S, or F1 Supercar 3. It's really a question of how competitive you want to be. All of those tires can absolutely be run daily. I've driven cross crounty (California to New York) on RE71s and still won national SCCA events on the same set.

I should also note that I don't run the autocross widths on the street. For rain tires, you want narrow contact patches. I run little skinny PS4S so they work in deep water. A side effect is they don't tramline as much on the street.

donour

·
Registered
2014 Lotus Evora S
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved the RE71‘s on my modified Elise, but those, the AD052, and the Rivals don’t come in the sizes I want for the Evora S
Which led me to the questions about the F1 Supercar 3’s which do.
I did well in SMO in the Elise and would like to be as competitive in AS with the Evora as my tires and driving allow..😁

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah. For the first set, I would probably just put on the slight taller ones and run. The 285/35/20 will almost certainly fit out back.
That 245/35/19 will rub the front fender liner at full compression.

·
Registered
2014 Lotus Evora S
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I intend to add the Blackwatch front sway bar when I do tires which should help a little bit....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Michelin’s only for me. Not only have I had serious issues with contis that they wouldn’t warranty, I had a 3 piece wheel come apart on me, and the only thing that saved the day were a set of pilot super sports.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The real front issue is under braking which is unaffected by the bar. It’s not bad, but my liners rubbed holes with a 26” tire and a full track day. 25.2” tire does not make contact.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Michelin’s only for me. Not only have I had serious issues with contis that they wouldn’t warranty, I had a 3 piece wheel come apart on me, and the only thing that saved the day were a set of pilot super sports.
Me too, but that's because my daughter is a Chemical Engineer with Michelin - so I have to "support the family" :)

Kevin

PS - yes, since you're wondering, I do get a discount on tires...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Which one?
Which tires or wheels? Tires were whatever their ps4s competitor was at the time (3-4years ago) sorry I can’t remember more, I sold the car and don’t pay attention to their tire lineup after that experience.
Ran Toyo r1r and r888 on my exige and Elise. Liked those a lot but different animal.
wheels were bbs e88 But it was a fault of the person who assembled them, not bbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts