The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
He is Doug.

Could be Doug Overlord, but I know him as Doug. Or El Calor. In my mind, for some reason, I picture him wearing a Mexican wrestling mask as he types. Could be just me.

(Doug is with Autoforums and they create separate forums for eaching paying vendor)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I saw a lot of these "Welcome New Sponsor" posts from El Calor and that he only had a few posts, so I thought someone had hacked in and made themselves an administrator.

Glad to hear they are all legit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
He is Doug.

Could be Doug Overlord, but I know him as Doug. Or El Calor. In my mind, for some reason, I picture him wearing a Mexican wrestling mask as he types. Could be just me.

(Doug is with Autoforums and they create separate forums for eaching paying vendor)
Does my new avatar help rotfl

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Well... in my mind, I never considered the wrestling briefs... or El Thong as it were. So no. I need to rinse my eyes now.

:)

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
These guys are getting plenty of exposure here.....I posted in a different sponsor's thread yesterday and had it removed within an hour. Let's see how long this one lasts.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I seriously doubt Autoforums cares anything about whether sponsors have any Lotus passion, experience, or even basic knowledge. If the check clears the bank, I'm sure all is well. Anytime a company goes corporate, thats usually the story TADTS

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I had post removed too...looks like the new guys are going to rule with iron fist..... today is a sad day...:(

These guys are getting plenty of exposure here.....I posted in a different sponsor's thread yesterday and had it removed within an hour. Let's see how long this one lasts.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
what's the point of have sub fora for sponsors? there are banner ads already. if you can't post to those fora, then what purpose do they serve.

i don't get it. i'm beginning to not want to get it.

needs more cowbell and more ads.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
what's the point of have sub fora for sponsors? there are banner ads already. if you can't post to those fora, then what purpose do they serve.

i don't get it. i'm beginning to not want to get it.

needs more cowbell and more ads.
Actually, this is a good idea IMO. If vendors want to promote their own stuff, they can do it in their own forums. If they want to allow replies, they are probably able to control that. This also keeps adverts out of main forums and easy to ignore if you want to.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Actually, this is a good idea IMO. If vendors want to promote their own stuff, they can do it in their own forums. If they want to allow replies, they are probably able to control that. This also keeps adverts out of main forums and easy to ignore if you want to.
then what's the point of the marketplace? specifically "aftermarket suppliers"

and promotion without discussion???

picture this:

hi, i'm a new vendor to the lotus market, but i've been tuning cars for XX years. i've just developed a new widget for the elise/exige that will increase hp by 12.3%, improve fuel mileage by 33% and save the earth by eliminating co2 emissions.

all yours for $199.

sound good? remember, no discussions allowed. this vendor has paid his fee to the overlord.

YUK!

what if you start a thread in one of the in-bounds fora dissecting the BS claims made by this new vendor? will those posts be wiped out?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Rather than a sub-forum for every single paid sponsor, why not a single sub-forum to be shared by all paid sponsors similar to the Miata board. Theirs is titled "And now a word from our sponsors..."

Much less clutter this way.

Think of it like the Lotus cars for sale section, a sponsor starts 1 thread: "_____ dealership inventory modified 04/29/08". This is much better than the same dealership starting a new thread every time they get in a new vehicle.

Noble

1 - 20 of 35 Posts