The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the ff half carbon front splitter and drilled the three bolt holes in it. After that how are u guys reinforcing your spliiters? I tried double sided tape, fail. Tried silicone, and its on its way to failing. The splitter doesn't sit 100% flush with the body either, is this the problem?

·
Registered
478 Posts
just got the ff half carbon front splitter and drilled the three bolt holes in it. After that how are u guys reinforcing your spliiters? I tried double sided tape, fail. Tried silicone, and its on its way to failing. The splitter doesn't sit 100% flush with the body either, is this the problem?
Wow... there are a lot more than 3 holes to drill...

...there are the three big ones on the back edge which you've found, and I want to say... 7 on the front (maybe 5?). The hole "dimples" aren't very clear, but you can find them. 3 on each side and one at the very front. I used stainless bolts, washers, and a locknut for each. Huge pain in the a$$ to secure them all though. Click on the link regarding the splitter in my sig - that should show the points I think.

This also pulls the front end flush up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got no instructions with it so I was not sure.

·
Registered
471 Posts
3 bolts??? No way. I installed mine with 10 bolts altogether. Very large metal washers on both sides of the clam between the bolt and nut will help distribute the load better, too.

Mine is solid, but it did take a bit of wiggling to get it to fit well as it isn't 100% flush. The key is lots of bolts and large washers distributed over the length and width of the piece.

Steve

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so obvioulsy I need to drill a few holes into the front clam. No big deal. I just wasn't sure if this was the right direction to go.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I installed mine with a thin piece of foam between the spoiler and the clam. Then used 10 bolts to secure it. I didn't want the spoiler to rub the paint off the clam when I tightened it down.

I also covered mine with X-Pel PPF. Still looks brand new. Chips be gone!! :drool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts