1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Kevin's is a really well made splitter. He builds race cars for a living and made it as a real part, especially with the raised center so you still have airflow under car under hard braking. I had the Gut and the difference is nite and day.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
depends on if u have elise or exige :) if u have elise this is an awesome one! it makes it the car looks likes an exige.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
It that a good thing?

I am seriously considering the Jubu splitter.
It's a little less serious than the NCI offering, which
is great for a 90% street/ 10% track car. The Jubu
will require some rear down force as well, but a gurney
flap and effective difusser should suffice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The second of your choice won't work if you don't have an Exige.

I'll throw our product in as a suggestion if you haven't seen it before

:shift:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
APR....clean; cheap, and it works.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Lotus changed the splitter on the 2010 Cup cars…how about getting that one? How does it compare to all of these?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
does anyone else have the high line splitter installed that can show pics? i would like to see how it looks. the original pics on the website are a little dark.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I've seen so many Fiberglass or CF splitters that are cracked and messed up from normal use. If someone sells one made from polyurethane (flexible but stiffer then rubber, used on many OEM bumpers, wings etc), they'll sell a bunch of them.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I've seen so many Fiberglass or CF splitters that are cracked and messed up from normal use. If someone sells one made from polyurethane (flexible but stiffer then rubber, used on many OEM bumpers, wings etc), they'll sell a bunch of them.
That is one of my concerns also.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Or plywood. These things are used up like brake pads, tires and rotors. Putting $ in them is for show or real serious racers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
IamBatman: you are right, that is why we reinforced the front of our lip. We tried testing the durability if we let our splitter hit the ground at 80mph+.

I'll post pics up later this evening of what happened..

·
purveyor of lightness
4,064 Posts
IamBatman: you are right, that is why we reinforced the front of our lip. We tried testing the durability if we let our splitter hit the ground at 80mph+.

I'll post pics up later this evening of what happened..
Hey three quick questions:

- How much does it weigh? (yes I asked) ;)

- Are there installation instructions online?

- Any pictures after installation underneath the car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey three quick questions:

- How much does it weigh? (yes I asked) ;)

- Are there installation instructions online?

- Any pictures after installation underneath the car?

Thanks!
Here are some pics of what happens at 80+mph when slapping the road.

Weight is approximately 6lbs, the instructions are not online, but I can tell you the splitter is held by the 3 clam bolts underneath and the top is held by doublesided tap. People can add more bolts and screws as they see fit (which would require drilling into the clam)

First picture shows the leading edge where it impacted. A fissure is opened spreading the energy across the length of the lip.

Second picture shows how no cracking, spidering of the paint or actual lip occurred on the viewable surface.

We are pretty confident that our lip will be able to handle scrapes that most people will face during everyday driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
thats a pretty sweet splitter Highline its good to know that it can take the impact of normal use...
However, my thought was to have the splitter deflect and deform so that no loads are transmitted to the chassis on impact. It just makes me wince when the splitter hits something and jolts the entire car...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts