The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Read it earlier. V6 supercharged mmmm mmm with a few mods 350-400 rwhp!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
So stock the Exige with the supercharged V6 accelerates about the same as a supercharged I4. And has more mass in the rear.

Moot point for the USA, though

·
Registered
490 Posts
So stock the Exige with the supercharged V6 accelerates about the same as a supercharged I4. And has more mass in the rear.

Moot point for the USA, though
I would assume that that after that initial 0-60 sprint the V6 would have its way against it's smaller-displacement counterpart.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I would assume that that after that initial 0-60 sprint the V6 would have its way against it's smaller-displacement counterpart.
That's true, because aerodynamics becomes more important and mass less important as the speed rises.

... but I'm an autocrosser.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Who cares, it's a handling car, and more powerful or not, it will never handle as well, set up identically.
Not a lot of logic in that statement.

1) Why would you "set up" a longer, heavier, more powerful, with bigger tires, car the same as a lighter, shorter, less powerful, smaller tired car? They won't be "set up" the same...

2) A short car with small tires does not necessarily handle better than a slightly heavier, longer wheelbase car with larger tires. There are many more factors to a "well handling car".

Does a go kart "handle better" than an exige? I wouldn't say so. A kart is skittish, bounces off the ground with any bump in the pavement, spins easily with braking or a weight transfer. Does a kart turn tighter? Yes! Handle better? No!

I'm sure the new Exige S handles quite well, and is more suited to some kinds of track.

I know a guy who had an Esprit X180-R and an Elise 190 Sport at the same time. Two very different cars, one with ~300hp and 2700lbs, the other 190hp and 1500lbs. One with a long wheelbase (96") and one with a short wheelbase (90"). He said the Esprit was faster at any track. Does that mean it "handles better"? Don't know... It's subjective. I've driven many Esprit's, including a few X180-R's, as well as Elise's, Evora, Elite (Type14), Seven, Elan, M100, and Europa. And I've been in many others on the track and street, including: Esprit Turbo, Esprit SE's, Esprit S4, Esprit V8 '03 & '97, Sport 350, X180-R's, Sport 190, 2-Eleven, Exige S, Caterham SV, Elan M100, , Honda powered Elise, UK Elise S2 and Fed Elise.

Which one handles the best? Depends on your definition of "best" and your definition of "handles"...

The 2-Eleven felt pretty good with its electronic traction control! The new Exige S V6 has an even better, more advanced BOSCH stability control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts