The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Mine did exactly the same thing two weeks ago. Much worse looking though. Pulled out the driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Thomasio said:
> Mine did exactly the same thing two weeks ago. Much worse looking though. Pulled out the driveshaft.

Perhaps this should be a sticky. People die when this stuff happens... makes me wonder about a recent tragic crash...

Thomas
Hmm... my reaction when it happened to my car was that I was glad it happened at an autocross, and not during a canyon run the following day, when the outcome could have been much much worse. But I also thought it was possibly just my fault for not keeping the bolts properly torqued and checked. Mine may have backed out prior to breaking.

This is the first I have heard of another car having this happen. And it seems more attributable in this thread's case... to not being owner error (as it might be with me).

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
xtn said:
I know of one other owner who discovered - not that the bolt heads had snapped off - but simply that the nuts had backed off. I'm talking about the two upper a-arm mounting bolts. One of his bolts was completely missing and the other had no nut on it at all.
Nuts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts