The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car started doing this recently. When you hold sport or race mode it won’t stay on. The light turns red when pressing it so the switch has power but it won’t stay on. The ESP light is on con

The cruise control also stopped working at the same time.

Anyone have this happen or have any idea what the issue is? If it was a fuse issue I would think the light wouldn’t come on at all right?

·
Illegal Alien
4,746 Posts
Brake switch or traction control error

·
Registered
303 Posts
I 4th the motion...

I had this issue last year.

I bought the GRP switch to carry as a spare and the dealer replaced the one I had. No issues since.

Its very annoying that there is no code but the dealer's software can read the specific fault.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I’ve heard it could/usually is the brake switch but for me, I have GRP tail lights. The resistor I wired into the light to prevent the rapid flashing failed and was causing EXACTLY what you’re describing. I actually ordered a brake switch and while I waited to get it shipped/delivered, my taillight was intermittently losing power. That’s when I took out my tail light and saw the melted resistor causing all my issues...just wanted to share that. Greg at GRP took my light and fixed it up for me...it’s now installed with no issues at all and now I have a brand new brake switch for its future failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts