The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone done the Lotus Sport Exhaust plus a K&N filter? If so, what is the estimated power increase?

I recently installed the Sport exhaust on my 2011 Evora and will likely purchase a K&N filter.

Also, any known issues with using the K&N filter? Check engine lights or anything like that?

Thanks very much!!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
If you spent the money on the sport exhaust do yourself a favor and go for the Radium CAI with a K&N conef filter. Not sure what the dyno says but I have both and my "butt dyno" says about 15HP increase

Sport exhaust by it self really only gives you more sound and maybe a small HP gain.
K&N filter by itself may be 3 - 5 HP gain
Radium is the sweet spot. I think people are reporting 15HP+:clap:

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Radium makes me a bit nervous as I've heard that it will void the warranty.
I too am concerned about this one. I may ask my dealer what they think of the modification. Heard here that some dealers do the install and are exited about this mod. Additionaly, since I live in California, I am also concerned about then passing smog with a CAI. Other Californians install Radium and had had to get a smog test yet?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
The Radium makes me a bit nervous as I've heard that it will void the warranty.
My dealer offered to install the Radium. I did the install myself and dealer OK everything.
Some dealers will tell you anything to get out of repairs, but who knows.
Have not heard of anyone being warranty work due to Radium, but sure it happens

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My guys here said it would void the warranty, so I will definitely not take the chance. K&N no problem though.

270 sounds great Mister 2. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
My dealer offered to install the Radium. I did the install myself and dealer OK everything.
Some dealers will tell you anything to get out of repairs, but who knows.
Have not heard of anyone being warranty work due to Radium, but sure it happens
It seems dealerships in the south and midwest have little concern for such upgrades. Too bad dealerships out here on the west coast will refuse to even diagnose a problem unless all related parts are stock.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I Just added the K&N today in addition to my previously installed Lotus Sport exhaust and Larini de-cat pipe. You definitely feel improved throttle response, but most noticeably, a meaner growl to the engine. I think this is a nice compromise between the stock intake and the Radium.

I also wanted to point out that if you go to K&N's site, they actually list the correct filter application as 33-2355 which is the same for a Toyota Rav4 w/the 3.5 liter v6. See here:

K&N Products by Vehicle Search - Year, Make, Model, Engine Search

I mention this, because most people appear to be buying 33-2326 which is listed for a Toyota Camry. Although the engine blocks are the same, the airboxes differ slightly and Lotus went with the Rav4 airbox. K&N obviously figured this out, because they list it when you search for either the Rav4 or the Evora.

I actually compared both filters at the store and they are very close to identical, except that the 2355 version has a slightly thicker seal/gasket. For those that purchased the other filter, I'm sure it works fine and wouldn't worry about it, but thought anyone looking to buy should know this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
How much HP may I expect from carburetor interiour lights?
:D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
not to speak for him but f1 sml8r has an 11 NA.

·
Registered
44 Posts
270 at the wheels with mine K&N Filter and Lotus sports exhaust... 310hp at the crank
I wouldn't believe that. If the gain is 10hp then you can be happy.

Power increases of less then 10% are hardly to feel in the "back" meter.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thanks Invictus for responding, yeah mine is an '11 NA. However, the part number is for all years NA, including IPS. I can't comment on the SC cars.

@Ronny - I can't comment on the Dyno as that was done by Mister2.

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
It's not the most outlandish, but it's the most widespread car myth:

"K&N gives me an extra 15 horsepower!!"

I can't believe the manufacturer of your car didn't think of that. I mean, with the billions of R&D they spent on tuning the cam angles and header lengths and the exhaust pressure and the A/F ratio mapping, all they had to do was put a gauze filter in there. What a facepalm! I hope someone got fired over that.

(I love K&N for the reusability, but gaining a material amount of hp in a modern car is a myth)
I agree with this quote.

Not to mention the fact that alot of people over oil the filter and cause the MAF to fail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts