The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Cyprus (Europe) and i have on order an Elise 111R,Ardent Red,Turing,Hard top and Sports Exhuast and when i asked the dealer wich Exhuast is the best Stage 1 or he told me tha theare is no stage 1 or 2 just the Sport Exhuast...stage 1 and 2 are only for US??? if no i'm going to kill the dealer coz the stage 2 i'v seen in photos ROCKS

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Just buy the Stage 2 from the USA and put it on your car, you will be happy:D

BTW I was just thinking that I know they sell the Stage 2 in the UK also. I have also seen it called the "level 2".

Good Luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man.......i'm now off to kill my dealer...BTW do you have eny photos of Stage 1 and 2????

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have spoken with my dealer and told me tha stage 2 in europe isn't road legal......too loud or somthing....so ave orderd the stage 1 full system (catalyst,manifort) the dealer told me tis system gives the elise 10BHP over standard

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was told from someone at Lotus USA that the exhaust give no performance gain BUT is lighter and louder. I think the weight savings and maybe sound is what some are looking for, dunno. It also has bigger tips.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I love the sound I have, but louder would be awesome. Will have to look into this...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This are the 2 opional exuasts from Lotus Sport but wich is Stage 2 and wich stage 2?????

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
The last one is the Stage 2. It's nearly flush with the diffuser.
It really doesn't seem all that loud.
Lol. Can't help thinking that it is lighter because the tips were cut off, and it is louder because it now opens closer to the underside of the car..... Excuse my dry SOH.;)
m.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stage 1 and 2

I have seen both systems on the Brooke Kensington website.

The stage 1 is around 12kg and the stage 2 around 8kg. I did call

them and they said the stage 1 system is around 105db but did

not have any figures for the stage 2. They ship directly to the US.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
You can buy them from your local Lotus dealer and save on the overseas transport...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts