The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with my dealer (Maplecrest in NJ) and he stated that Lotus is having trouble with the parts supplier for the sports package components (?wheels), and that may delay those cars with LSS until August. A conference call is scheduled for next week to give more info. Maybe this has been discussed prior, but it is news to me. Anyone else hear anything?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Oh god....please say you're lying. Please...... I dont think I can do this much more. I'm ready to just give up. I had heard this, but I was under the impression that the delay IF ANY would be two weeks and they would ship the cars anyway. Im ready to just throw in my towel.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Sigh...

This is getting out of hand.

Good thing I bought a bike, otherwise I'd be fuming right now due to the fact that it's looking highly unlikely that I'll have my car before the end of summer.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
You know what!? I already have a set of SSR"s for my car. LOTUS please ship my car with ANY wheel you can find and I'll take them off at the dealer and put my own wheels on. You can ship me my LSS wheels at your convenience. Please?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Like I said - When I was there on the 5th I saw at several (least 6) cars with sports pack wheels on them. While I didn't see a pile of the sitting around I don't think that the lack of Sports pack wheels will delay this cars much if at all. I don't think that there would be enough orders for the sports pack to affect that many people.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i remind you all of the article claiming 45% of elise orders for US included LSS.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
Like I said - When I was there on the 5th I saw at several (least 6) cars with sports pack wheels on them. While I didn't see a pile of the sitting around I don't think that the lack of Sports pack wheels will delay this cars much if at all. I don't think that there would be enough orders for the sports pack to affect that many people.
Yeah but about 40% of the US Elise’s have been ordered with the sports pack. I think seeing only six cars with it is low.

Besides... We need something to panic about... Let the game begin.... DOOMED!
:clap:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
atyclb said:
maybe it's not just the wheels that are causing the delay
Maybe there is no delay:rolleyes:

Lets not get too worked up over something that may not be true:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
But for those of us that didn't order the sport package (read: "pansies"), this is wonderful news! Means we won't have to wait as long, right? :clap:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
also means if you did and do not anticipate a car until late year or spring you should not feel DOOMED. this could go in that other thread i guess

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Patricko said:
Lets not get too worked up over something that may not be true:)

Here here. I'm actually getting worried for the mental health of some of the regulars on this board. The angst (and borderline bitterness) is palpable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've really had it with Lotus and this whole experience. I put a deposit down on this car three years ago. I gave my dealer my final color and option choices almost six months ago. I still have no idea when my car is coming, I don't have a VIN, I have heard nothing from the dealer, and now I'm hearing further delays because they don't have the wheels/parts to complete some cars. This is absolutely crazy. What kind of company is this that is selling cars in spite of their poor business practices?

Whew, that felt better. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
Here here. I'm actually getting worried for the mental health of some of the regulars on this board. The angst (and borderline bitterness) is palpable.
You may be right to an extent, but before anyone judges someone here let me relate my particular angst.

We too ordered the car two years ago and placed final orders for both cars 6 months ago. And we expected the cars in Spring 2004. We sold off all our of our race cars so we could afford the Lotus. We dont have a car to race now. The race season is here and we're borrowing cars to try and get by for the season. We're in a competition for free race tires etc, and this requires perfect attendence to the races and placing well. Each race comes and goes and each race we have to beg borrow and steal to get a ride in the class we run in. Borrowing others cars isnt something I enjoy doing because if I blow it up while Im behind the wheel then Im obligated to replace their motor. We trusted Lotus, and the anticipated arrival dates, and so far we've gotten nothing. I rely on this webboard to glean any info from day to day. Every time we attend the races I get a barrage of questions....hey, where's the lotus? I used to tell them April, then May, now June, maybe July? August? September? We had a race yesterday and I was asked yet again and this time I told them I have no idea and to leave me alone.

Everyday I hope. Hope is all we have isnt it? I hope to log on here and read something promising because as Ive been told by my dealer that there is more information on THIS website than even the dealers know. That seems wrong to me. After you get your hopes up again, and again, and again, and again and again soon you become frustrated, then frustration makes you a little angry. Im just tired.

We can make jokes about this sure, and say "Well maybe this isnt true, why react to something if you dont know if its true or not"? Well....how do any of us know what is true or not? We dont. This board is the only source of information? So why not believe its not true? Who can I ask? My dealer? Lotus? Nope and nope.

I have no malice towards my dealer as they've been great , or Lotus USA. I guess this mess falls on Hethels shoulders.

FWIW, I had some "inside info" on this situation and I was led to believe the cars would still be shipped. All I can do is pray that this is true. I dont know anything about the "conference call" that the original poster mentioned. Im not sure what they need to conference about...but then again I'm not SURE of anything anymore.

·
Registered
413 Posts
DOOMED. In response to my delivery query last week, my dealer (LOA) called me to verify my order- color, options, etc. but I haven't heard anything back. I should be in the first batch- with LSS.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts