Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of both?

Which rims are these?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I find it odd that Chris stated that the Sports wheels offer significant weight savings vs. the standard wheel.

:confused:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
atyclb said:
I find it odd that Chris stated that the Sports wheels offer significant weight savings vs. the standard wheel.

:confused:
I've heard (read) that the 111S wheels are lighter than the euro-standard, and that the 135R wheels are lighter still. I doubt they would be considered "significantly lighter" than our standard wheel, but maybe a pound or so.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Man I can not get over how ungly the LSS wheels are.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The LSS wheels will not be those awful looking, imo, ones. They will be Rimstock 7 spoke wheels which are lighter than the standard wheels.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Prolene said:
The LSS wheels will not be those awful looking, imo, ones. They will be Rimstock 7 spoke wheels which are lighter than the standard wheels.
Where did you hear that? I also think those Euro LSS wheel are butt ugly.

Does anyone know for sure what we will be getting on the LSS cars?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Derek said:

Does anyone know for sure what we will be getting on the LSS cars?
Check what Randy wrote here . He quoted from Roadfly. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hey everybody -

While I realize it's the eve of the show and that all will be revealed shortly, I thought you might like to see this...

As you can see, the Sports Package wheel is indeed a Lotus -specific wheel, not shown on the Rimstock website. Based on my info, these wheels are 6.5x16 front, and 7.5x17 rear. The standard wheels are 5.5x16 front and 7.5x17 rear.

Discuss...

:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Everybody -

I'm sorry for the last post. After reading the guidelines, I thought it might be against the rules to post the picture of the sport wheel (even a fuzzy one) before the show.

Moderators - if you think this is okay to do so, send me a private e-mail. I'll re-post it.

Sorry for the false alarm...

:(

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Goose, I dont know what to tell you on that one. I appreciate you posting it because I wanted to see those wheels since ive ordered them.......

However I know Randy is trying to behave himself with regards to releasing information...however since you're not affiliated with this board other than being a user....its an iffy situation. I'll leave it up to Randy.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
poor photoshop and lots of speculation makes one think that the LSS Elise may look like this:

... in which case, I'm sold. Otherwise, it's just an Elise with some nice wheels poorly photoshopped in place ;). Take this pic with a grain of salt.

feel free to edit this post at will if necessary.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
looks incredible - I like those wheels much better than the standard 8 spoke...Does anyone have any experience with the A048R tires for street driving????

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
The sport package wheels look like this, except there are 7 sets of twin spokes, the spokes are thinner and the twins are a bit closer to each other. It's the closest I could find.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ivan1 said:
Does anyone have any experience with the A048R tires for street driving????
Wasn't there somebody who said that they only had about 4mm of thread?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I doubt those tires will last very long at all on the street for daily driving...not compared to a standard passenger car tire...however I daily drive a few of my cars on drag radials so Im used to tires that wear out in 6 months so Im game for whatever.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
_JD_ said:
The sport package wheels look like this, except there are 7 sets of twin spokes, the spokes are thinner and the twins are a bit closer to each other. It's the closest I could find.
the spokes look a little more like this one. except 7 instead of 5

·
Registered
648 Posts
I use A048Rs and use my car everyday come rain or shine. No problems at all. Wear rate is dependant on distance and trackdays. I travel only 40 km per day. The grip more than makes up for the wear rate but they are expensive. The Dunlops are cheaper and more grippy but don't fit the standard Lotus wheels. Lotus has arranged a nice little deal with Yokohama and OZ to make sure there are only a limited supply of R-type tyres available for the Elise. The A048r is now the only one that fits.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Is there any reason why people think the Fed Elise will have different wheels to the 111s? The OZ wheels are slightly heavier than the 111s wheels, but only a tiny amount. They also only fit Yokohama A048r tyres (if you want R-type tyres) which means you'll find it hard to get hold of them. They are of limited supply and very expensive. Be prepared to ditch the wheels if you want to put your car on the track alot.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts