The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
nxm150 said:
My wheels look like that. It goes well with my Storm Titanium.
Whoa. Now there's a difference that could explain your mishap. Not excuse it by any means -- but explain it.

If paint got into the threads of one or more of your bolts (via unremoved flashing in the bolt holes), and the mechanics weren't expecting it.... See?

The point is, the process changed. There are opportunities for unforeseen consequences when they do.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I think I have posted this a couple of times now. The wheel coating changed during the LSS delays, I believe. The newer coating is still shiny but not a bright as the original coating.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I took Richards Parramint's tour at the end of October we went thru the factory and were shown the new painted LSS wheels.

It seems with the anodizing it was very hard to get four wheels that looked the same!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
To me the big difference is not the finish, but that all the edges are not radiused.

On my rims, it is a sharp edge, in fact they can cut you when cleaning.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
I think the previous finish was somewhat more attractive with the higher surface luster and the super sharp edges that a cast wheel cannot really replicate (that I have seen).

Anyway, was this to improve consistency, cost, and quality? I'm sure the previous clear coat was harder to do.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One other change that the local dealer noticed on newly delivered cars is that the factory seems to be using a different Blaupunkt radio in the touring pack.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beware - paint does not like to stick to sharp edges, and will easily wear off there. It is normal practice in product design to radius any exposed, wearable edges of painted parts. I assume Lotus modified their wheel tools to add radii when they switched to paint...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eliseowner2b said:
Does anyone know what the difference is in the stereo?

Curiosity killed the cat but for a while I was a suspect.
It could be this one.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/losangeles.asp

The MP74 Los Angeles...I saw it at CES in Jan and Blaupunkt told me that they had sold all of the MP72s they had to Lotus and the replacement would be the MP74 when they were gone.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Vantage said:
I think the previous finish was somewhat more attractive with the higher surface luster and the super sharp edges that a cast wheel cannot really replicate (that I have seen).
I agree.. the original LSS wheels had a 'sharper' forged finish that made them stand out.

If I ordered LSS (and I did not), I wouldn't be very happy about this change.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Patricko said:
It could be this one.

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/losangeles.asp

The MP74 Los Angeles...I saw it at CES in Jan and Blaupunkt told me that they had sold all of the MP72s they had to Lotus and the replacement would be the MP74 when they were gone.
I sure hope not! The MP74 has no MMC card capability. I have a handful of MMC cards and was looking forward to using that.

On the other hand, it does fix one outstanding problem with the MP72:

Clock display (12/24hour) can be selected.
:)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ground Loop said:
I sure hope not! The MP74 has no MMC card capability. I have a handful of MMC cards and was looking forward to using that.

On the other hand, it does fix one outstanding problem with the MP72:

:)
I will happily trade you my MP72 for your MP74:clap:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts