The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked by the dealer where I am purchasing the car to finalize my options. I will track the car in DE events 5-10 times per year. I have been told that the ride can be harsh especially if you live around a city like Boston, MA. Therefore I would like to know if the sports package is mandatory if the car is tracked? And secondly, can it be added afterwards if it is not ordered from the factory? Thanks to all who respond.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
No, it's not mandatory for the track.

Yes, it can be added later.

Ride quality doesn't feel incredibly harsh to me, but a lot of my friends complain while riding with me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is the sports package mandatory for the track...NO....

Can you add it afterwards....YES.....and save some cash going with SSR wheels as well.

I have not spent an extended period of time in one but I can tell you from my limited driving the sport pack is not harsh at all.

My friend took his to NYC and said it was fine down town....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live in Jersey. The only thing mandatory is that it is likely I will hit a pothole once every 20 yards. It is not too bad.

I too was on the fence like you. The only thing I can say is the wheels, the wheels the wheels. I love the LSS wheels!
Supposedly there was a lot of work put into these wheels and I do appreciate it. I also respect the suspension set up by Lotus. In my opinion when I don't get an option I am on the fence about I always end up regretting it later down the road.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
For me, the biggest difference was the expected life of the tires. The LSS tires are basically street legal R-compound tires, and I would be expecting to last much less than 10,000. I figured that for the amount of time I would be "at the limit", I'd settle for the regular suspension and still be light years ahead of most all other cars on the road, and not have to buy tires too often.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have and drive both tires, and converted to LSS springs. The ride is not really much different if at all, but there is a big difference in grip and in noise when I'm on the AO48s. I've also autoXed both, and the AO48s blow the AD07s out of the water in turns of grip and removing understeer. I did the SSRs/AO48s as suggested above. I'm very happy; I have the best of both worlds-AD07s for street driving and longer wear, and AO48s for the track.

·
Banned
270 Posts
I have LSS here on Maui and will change to something softer very soon. I don't think the car can possibly handle the pounding it is taking, CD player skips, drivers seat has suddenly come loose. The roads here simply aren't suitable for the LSS setup, wouldn't recommend it at all if your roads are not in great shape.

Aloha,
Thomas Praetzel
Seeking spinal alignment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts