The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone putting their order in with them? I just got a voice mail message from them saying that they were ready for my order. This was a bit of a shock being at #56, but maybe they have a very high drop out rate . Anyway we're now playing phone tag... but let me know if anyone else put their orders in.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Evl,

I have been working with Michael there and have to say that the experience has been terriffic. They have kept to their word with no funny "dealer prep" charges. Michael is knowledgeable and the service staff have been excellent even on my "classic". Mr. Burt, the owner, is a vintage lotus racer (26R, Elite, and XI s2) and one of those individuals who truly love automobiles. I have position #1 there and placed my order back in January. I know that in the first 10 positions, due to the shortage in time between notification and acceptance of the first orders by Lotus, some individuals were moved back in linebecause they couldn't place their order in the time allotted. Regardless, a great dealership and a heck of alot better than the Corvette welding idiots at Rothrock who seem to be more in it for the glam and the Chevy sales than the marque.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My experience with them was totally different. I was given the $1500 deposit now and $10,000 upon order speech back in Sept.

I ended up at Huntingridge.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I live a whole 5 min. car ride from the Princeton dealer on Rt. 206. I went in to see them about an Elise last summer. There was only 1 guy in the whole showroom and he was busy selling a Saab to an old lady. I waited 35 min. and finally walked out of there and never looked back. I went up to HRM and both Mark's were fantastic and they even let me drive the red 111S they had at the dealer. That same day I laid down my deposite at HRM. It's one of the best dealers in the North East and it's run by Lotus owners and enthusiasts. What more could you want???

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been talking to Ramsey Naylor. Got thru yesterday, and he said I wasn't up for ordering yet, but he was trying to get in touch with people on the list because a good number of people were wanting to slide down the list so they can test drive the car before ordering. Said I might get a call for an order today if he couldn't get in touch with 1 or 2 more people in front of me, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hermanslotus said:
I live a whole 5 min. car ride from the Princeton dealer on Rt. 206. I went in to see them about an Elise last summer. There was only 1 guy in the whole showroom and he was busy selling a Saab to an old lady. I waited 35 min. and finally walked out of there and never looked back. I went up to HRM and both Mark's were fantastic and they even let me drive the red 111S they had at the dealer. That same day I laid down my deposite at HRM. It's one of the best dealers in the North East and it's run by Lotus owners and enthusiasts. What more could you want???

Best Wishes,
Mit
ch
[/QUOTE i

shame on that dealer for being busy, i guess mitch is an important person who expects a person to drop everything to satisfy his immediate wants and whims. i hope that princeton dealer flags him for service. being an old lady, i hope never to inconvience the important mr mitch. people like this can wait a year for a car but not minutes for a consultation.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
ch [/B][/QUOTE i
shame on that dealer for being busy, i guess mitch is an important person who expects a person to drop everything to satisfy his immediate wants and whims. i hope that princeton dealer flags him for service. being an old lady, i hope never to inconvience the important mr mitch. people like this can wait a year for a car but not minutes for a consultation. [/B][/QUOTE]

Geeez, don’t you think your being awfully presumptuous ike willis. If I were the car sales person and had seen someone standing around waiting for me I would at least excuse myself from the ol lady for a brief moment and at least introduce myself and welcome the prospective buyer with a quick greeting and handshake. I would also let them know I would be with them as soon as possible. However to be totally ignored for 30+ mins. is certainly the wrong approach. People at most just want to be acknowledged with an "hello" and “I’ll be with you as soon as I can".

PS: What a way to make your first splash on here :rolleyes:, Do you work there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts