1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Do you have a down payment on the car?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Delivery of #21 in October sounds insanely optimistic. September is right around the corner, and most dealers have received zero to five cars total.

Most importantly, selling your "right to buy" will require cooperation from the dealership. Based on other stories from here and elsewhere, most dealerships are not willing to let you pocket the markup yourself and sell to someone else. They would rather you abdicate and leave them the car to sell at a profit, since they're in the business of doing that.

If I was a bidder, I would make very sure that the car is scheduled to come when promised, and that the dealer is onboard with the 'transfer', fully aware of what is taking place, and willing to be party in the transaction. I'd want this all in writing.

Many of the contract auctions have ended poorly. Just giving you the heads-up so you can have your ducks in a row before taking the bidder's cash.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The auction closed for $3,500. What do you think the chances are that the dealership won't add $8,000 - 10,000 to that price for the privilege of transferring the spot to the winner of the auction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The auction closed for $3,500. What do you think the chances are that the dealership

I contacted my dealer and told him i could'nt afford the car anymore and asked if I could transfer to another person . He agreed , told me to tell the person to call him and he would transfer all info.

p.s. The person who bid on the spot thought it was a car he was getting for $3,500, What a A$$ . So I am going to refund his cash.
I will be puting the spot back on ebay if anyone is interested. Ill post it once its up...

And i really am pissed im not goint to get my storm-elise:( :(
maybe one of you guys can give me a ride sometime

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Re: The auction closed for $3,500. What do you think the chances are that the dealership

From http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=69719#post69719

storm-elise said:
Hey people,

Im on the list #21 in ny

I hope the elise sells at $60,000-$100,000 to non-spot holders.

That way when i want to sell my elise it will hold or increase in value.

Look at the Prowler msrp$40k
most sold at $70k
used still selling at $40-75k

If you get the car at msrp its a good thing, anyone else who doesnt want to pay premium should shup and get there a$$es on the list to wait like the rest of us!

It is scummy to take customer cars and sell them out from under people who have been waiting.

Hopfully well all have our cars soon. Last i was told was about sept.
:rolleyes:

Edit for formating

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes randy i have a deposit on the car.

Dont let me fool you guys I am very upset about not getting my elise:confused:

But i had my $$$ at the dealer for a long time and i think its fair and ok if i sell my spot that I waited for.

At least that will help me not to cry every night for the rest of my life......or untill i can afford a elise:)

That above post was from a while ago, I have since talked to my salesman and he said the car should be in in october. But who knows , it was originally suposed to be aug-sept

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i got a bid and the payment is in progress.
im still pissed i cant afford this dream car:(
I'll let you know what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts