The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vancouver, Mar 6, 5:20pm

Burrard bridge, grey w/cloth top. i was in a... bus. anybody here?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oh - how I miss my home town ... and that Sea to Sky hwy! :shift:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I was just there yesterday morning for first time! (in New York now) - I must say the women in Vancouver are beautiful, just hotness everywhere.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn right! i just moved here back in august, and have not regretted it ever since!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
granted my entire experience was just staying at the opus and the surrounding areas...but goodness, I thought we had talent in Los Angeles - I had to refrain from trying to flirt with almost everyone I saw lol.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I miss Vajncouver too. (I moved to Arizona six years ago.)

I heard that Stanley Park is looking really different since the last wind storm?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a great place to be single. :D

I went through Stanley Park on Christmas day, and yeah, it was rough. So many trees were lost during those storms. There were a couple of occasions where the causeway through the park was closed due to trees having fallen on the road.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
What kind of motorsport community exists in Vancouver? I imagine there are incredible mountain roads, are there tracks out there? I may move one day there, or at least work enough there time wise to have my car with me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Track days, the local dealer Weissach has a couple planned this year. Track is Mission Raceway, there are a couple of clubs that one can join, gives more access to the track. Mission is quite short, actually perfect for the Elise. But there is only one track here. Westwood closed years ago, now a giant suburb. Too bad, Westwood was great. Merrit talked about making a track, don't know what happened to that dream. Also Autocross (Slalom) is popular, couple of good clubs for that. Comparing California to BC, I'd say California has more possibilities. The Sea to Sky Hwy up to Whistler is okay. Was two lanes, now being widened to four lanes, at the same time they are sort of straightening it. Anyway too much traffic. Better off going past Whistler into Pemberton and Lilloet . Actually better going east into the mountains, Princeton and further east to Nelson. Problem is too many RV's tootling around. And logging trucks.

I work in Burnaby on Lougheed near Holdom. My BRG Elise sits in its parking spot visible from the street. Like clockwork at 3:15pm, I see this Yellow Elise heading wast on Lougheed. Wonder if he notices mine. Saw him today. Her?

There are now four Elise in the local Lotus club, but about 30 in the Vancouver area. The dealer has sold about 60. I was one of the first three.... Hee haw !!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I don't know about around vancouver but last summer I drove from the east coast of vancouver island through port alberni to the west coast. I'd never driven that before but it was amazing - very twisty with great elevation changes. Too bad I was driving my g/f parent's camry - lol!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Check your private messages...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...and another sighting on Burrard today, near Davie, around the same time. i think it was LRG

·
Registered
569 Posts
thetoast said:
...and another sighting on Burrard today, near Davie, around the same time. i think it was LRG
Given that the dealer is on 2nd at Burrard, both sightings may have been test drives or simply bored salesguys.... :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
white elise on W Pender @ Burrard, 5pm today. looks like there were different headlights on it (*possibly* HID?)

1 - 20 of 212 Posts