The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Set for Saturday 4/5 (RAIN OR SHINE). PM me for directions.

It’s time to get ready for the driving season. Is anyone interested in getting together at my house for an oil change/brake bleed, etc. I live in Columbia, Maryland and have an oversized 3 car garage that offers lots of room for our cars. I am thinking we could do some work while talking shop, etc. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
is there a drop-off service? anyone that can do VA state inspections? ;)

i still haven't found time to put on my 2B exhaust or give the car a good going-over before the track season. my work-life balance currently sucks.

good luck! :up:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm up to date on most of my maintenance, but I think it would be fun to stop by and talk shop. Plus if anyone wants a ride in a BWR equipped car, I can take care of that:D

When are you planning on doing this?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Which state? If SC, I'd be interested (brake fluid, oil & filter, possibly air filter)

Cheers,
JnC
I think he meant the DC area, but I'd be willing to host such a get together at my place in Fort Mill (I'm about 1 mile from Carowinds). I've got a 3 garage that I could clear out.

Send me a PM if your interested.

Oliver.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which state? If SC, I'd be interested (brake fluid, oil & filter, possibly air filter)

Cheers,
JnC
I posted in the Mid Atlantic region and live in Columbia, Maryland. I have put Maryland in my original post so we won't have any more confusion. JnC, if you are willing to drive to Maryland then come on by!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd be up for a maintenance day. Surprised I haven't seen your car around, I'm in Ellicott City.

- Todd

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Its a bit of a trek and I don't really have an maintenance that needs to be done, but depending on the date/time, I'd be interested in making a run down just to meet some of the "local" people and lend a hand doing whatever ya'll need to do... chalk it up to my education :)

subscribing.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I posted in the Mid Atlantic region and live in Columbia, Maryland. I have put Maryland in my original post so we won't have any more confusion. JnC, if you are willing to drive to Maryland then come on by!
Heh, my "mid-Atlantic" interpretation is too broad I suppose. ;) I've driven from Charlotte to MD before, although not in the Elise. But I'm afraid it's a bit too far. Pity, sounds like the making of a fun event. Cheers.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Set up a date! Could do a meet in Burtonsville for breakfast on a Sunday am, show the cars for awhile at the Church of the Holy Donut weekly show, then cruise a few miles up the road to your garage.

J

·
0 Posts
I live in severna Park Maryland. I'm down to meet some lotus owns in the local area. I did a driving meet in annapolis last summer, allot of porsches but i was the only lotus.

·
Registered
186 Posts
me too

Hmm. I'm going to change my oil, replace my worn pads with pagid blue, and flush my brake fluid. At my pace and free time slots per day, this is at least a two or more day job. I will need the undertray off most for most of the job, so guess need to do it all at home. I don't think it's a good idea for me to take it off at home, then drive there/back.

I flushed the brake fluid last year, but haven't done the brakes on this car yet. It doesn't look any different than other cars I've done. Still, it's nice to have some one to turn to with questions.

I'm interested in stopping by, even if I'm done by the time you host it. I can bring a rear-jack-helper, easybleeder, beer, etc. I would also really like to take fishtaco up on his offer of a ride in a blown car.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Another possible here; I've got a bunch of stuff on my todo list such as replacing a headlight bulb and installing a trunk drain kit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I flushed the brake fluid last year, but haven't done the brakes on this car yet. It doesn't look any different than other cars I've done. Still, it's nice to have some one to turn to with questions.
With people helping you who have done this, F/R brake pad replacement and a brake fluid flush should be a 45 min job at a leisurely pace. Would have come down to help out but I'll be in Miami next Sat.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Weird. April 5 at 11:00 AM is when my ex-wife is getting remarried. I think I have to show up at the Spring Maintenance get together otherwise my karma would go haywire. ;)

Count me in if only to learn about brake jobs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
90% sure I'm in. How much brake fluid should I get for complete flush?

Thanks,
Todd

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I'm planning on being there... weather and wife permitting :) I'll check back in later this week though. can someone PM me with directions? I'll be coming down I95 South.

Does anyone have/need a copy of the service manual for anything that needs to be done? I just printed it out from the Lotus Tech website and would happily bring it along if that will be of any help.

Also, I'm looking forward to a ride in FishTaco's car! I've always wondered just how much difference the aftermarket S/C can make. Will anyone be around with a Lotus Sport ECU in an N/A car? just something else I've been interested in.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I'm planning on being there... weather and wife permitting :) I'll check back in later this week though. can someone PM me with directions? I'll be coming down I95 South.

Does anyone have/need a copy of the service manual for anything that needs to be done? I just printed it out from the Lotus Tech website and would happily bring it along if that will be of any help.

Also, I'm looking forward to a ride in FishTaco's car! I've always wondered just how much difference the aftermarket S/C can make. Will anyone be around with a Lotus Sport ECU in an N/A car? just something else I've been interested in.
Pugg...if you, Fishtaco (John) and I show up, 3 of the 8 Lotus I've owned will be there!

Will need to get a family 'portrait.'

1 - 20 of 53 Posts