The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has set up a spring tour for his car club (he has a classic Studebaker) and has invited me along in the Lotus. I mentioned that there are quite a few other Lotus drivers in the West Chester/Southeastern PA area and he said I should extend the invite. Below is the information. There is no rain date. Please PM me asap if you are interested so I can relay the expected count.

Hope to see you there!

Brian

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Club Members: We have settled on Sunday, June 8 for our “Spring” tour event. This is one you won’t want to miss!

Here is the summary of our tour:

Start: 9:00 am: DK Diner in West Chester , PA

Drive: The major portion of our drive (one hour) will be in southern Chester County and northern Delaware on our way to:

First Stop: Auburn Heights (Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve - Home Page). The largest Stanley Steamer Collection anywhere will be opened to us for a private tour led by Tom Marshall (age 84), descendent of the family who established Auburn Heights and a walking wealth of knowledge on the cars. He also wrote a book about the Stanley brothers (Stanley Steamers and the Twins Who Built Them). Check out the web site for details.

Second Stop: Winterthur Museum and Country Estate (www.winterthur.org): Tour guides will be assigned to our group for the scheduled “Winterthur Experience” which will include a house tour, Garden tram ride and galleries in the Museum. There are, of course, gift shops, too!

Lunch: After our Winterthur tour, we can have lunch at the cafeteria, which has indoor and patio dining.

Head for home: approximately 3:30.

It will be very valuable to me (and the folks who are arranging our tours at the locations) to know how many we will be. I will give you more details and prices for admission closer to the date. For those of you who have not joined us before, this is a “no stress” club tour: all you need to do is show up at the starting point in your old car and leave the rest to me. Please let me know as soon as you can if you are (or are not) planning to attend, and how many will be in your car. If you have friends with old cars or know of other car owners who would enjoy our tour, please forward this note to them and/or pass their e-mail or phone number along to me.

This is a very special tour..I hope you can make it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been told that there are roughly two spaces left for this tour. If you are interested just PM me.

Hope to see you there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts