The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
They must have 2 there, one black and the blue one.
The dash is peculiar or maybe its a covering.

We've seen pics of this car around but hey at least its good its getting some laps in to fine tune on the ring as well.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
What is that car behind the Eagle? I think this picture may give a very rough estimate of the Eagle's height. Even though the background vehicle is several feet away, the Eagle appears rather tall. I image an Elise in that picture would be below the person's chin. Rough estimates of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Road & Track is offering their artists rendition of the Eagle in this months issue available at newstands now. Also can be seen on the R&T website.
Sure hope that the artist is off.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
What is that car behind the Eagle? I think this picture may give a very rough estimate of the Eagle's height. Even though the background vehicle is several feet away, the Eagle appears rather tall. I image an Elise in that picture would be below the person's chin. Rough estimates of course.
It's a 1999 2-door Fiat Punto S2.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sorry, I like the looks of this rending. I have issue though with the length of the car. Don't see a +2 being behind the front seats.

How 'bout we quash all future Eagle/Ethos threads until there is an ACTUAL UNDISGUISED picture, with a picture of the back seats!!!! I keep getting my hopes up only to see something that I can make nothing out of.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
It's a 1999 2-door Fiat Punto S2.
Thank you. My guess is that the Punto is about as tall as a VW Golf. So, my really, really rough guestimate is the Eagle would be about as tall as a Corvette - about 47-48 inches vs. the Elise 45 inches.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Sorry, I like the looks of this rending. I have issue though with the length of the car. Don't see a +2 being behind the front seats.
My concern is that they'll release a 2 seater first and then the 2+2 and convertible the following year.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Thank you. My guess is that the Punto is about as tall as a VW Golf. So, my really, really rough guestimate is the Eagle would be about as tall as a Corvette - about 47-48 inches vs. the Elise 45 inches.
I think it is very difficult to estimate the hight by comparing it to the Punto, because the Fiat is too far in the background (and my local knowledge tells me: on an elevated part of the road :)). So it might be a better way to pick the size of the Eagle's wheels. We just need to know whether they are 17'' or 18''.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think it is very difficult to estimate the hight by comparing it to the Punto, because the Fiat is too far in the background (and my local knowledge tells me: on an elevated part of the road :)). So it might be a better way to pick the size of the Eagle's wheels. We just need to know whether they are 17'' or 18''.
Ah, you're right. I can see the elevation change in the back ground.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
They say the engine is Borrowed from Toyota. Does that mean at some point you have to give it back?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I would like to see someone take a spy shot of someone getting into or out of this. The M250 has knife-blade styled doors. I wonder if the production Ethos will have the same - I have a feeling that was more for show and added to the weight.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
2 +2 's are horrible IMO. My dad's DB7 Vantage Volante has back seats that could seat toddlers. They are so impractical I'd feel unless you're family situation works out perfectly for the 2 + 2, you should either just get a 2 seater or a 4 seater...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts