The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't that max. weight allowed for driver + passenger is 400lbs? I (~150lbs) took my son (~200lbs) for a ride this weekend in my 2010 Elise (w/ PVP option) and heard the rear-right corner squeak(?) / scrubbing(?) when making a hard u-turn... Could this be simply rear suspension can't hold up the sudden wight transfer / load and rear tire scrubbed or there is some bolts loosen under the chassis that I must take the car back to dealer for checking??

Did anyone has similar experience? Shame on me that I never find this as I usually drive it myself to/from work and 99.9% in soft and relaxing cursing on the highway...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Isn't that max. weight allowed for driver + passenger is 400lbs? I (~150lbs) took my son (~200lbs) for a ride this weekend in my 2010 Elise (w/ PVP option) and heard the rear-right corner squeak(?) / scrubbing(?) when making a hard u-turn... Could this be simply rear suspension can't hold up the sudden wight transfer / load and rear tire scrubbed or there is some bolts loosen under the chassis that I must take the car back to dealer for checking??

Did anyone has similar experience? Shame on me that I never find this as I usually drive it myself to/from work and 99.9% in soft and relaxing cursing on the highway...
i have the same thing. if you push the car down on the seats with the weight of your body you'll make it squeak. I know you have to put some lube somewhere, it hasn't bothered me much but if someone tells you how and where and with what i'll fix it on my car too.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I noticed mine does the same thing on high speed turns (e.g. taking the exit ramp of the freeway at higher speed... c'mon, you know you've done it...) in the left rear. I've checked my wheel well liners, no rubbing there, and my suspension seems to handle fine otherwise without other issues, so I've kind of chalked it up to :tadts:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Your first Lotus ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your first Lotus ?
Yes - this is my first Lotus :) Is it really TADTS??

If the OEM suspension (spring / gas shock) and OEM wheel/tire and chassis bolts all function as designed, I thought such noise shouldn't be expected? Just being curious, I'd really like to know whether the noise comes from. Any suggestion of what/where I can start to root cause the noise is appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try installing Nitrons?
That gotta be an expensive experiment to install the Nitrons and see whether it's because the OEM spring/shock is too weak ;)

Anyone with the Nitrons upgrades (or original OEM setup) welcome to comment / share the experience... [WRT: taking a ~200lbs passenger and do a hard u-turn... hearing any squeak/scrubbing sound at rear-right corner??]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts