The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Congrats , car looks great .

Just looking to install a very similar rear wing on my Elise .
Any chance you could post some pics of the mounting system you used ?

Your wing looks a little higher than the top of the car ? Is this allowed in AX ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL! It actually is dominating now after the aero additions. The other guys are upping their game now.

The SSM rules allow the highest wing component to be 6" above the roofline. Widest dimension is maximum car width. I had to fabricate a mounting brace system in the trunk extending to the frame. The clam shell won't hold it by itself.

Ciro Racing designed the wing based on dimensions I provided. Came out perfect.

Front splitter is a bespoke home design and construct, following SSM rules and advice from Glagola.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks fun. What all else have you done to it?
Basically this:

BWR Super Stiff Swaybar
BWR DA Ohlins with custom Eibach Springs and perches
BWR poly bushings
Milled steering arms for more camber
BOE REV400 with Fastworks Tune
BOE catch can
BOE Surge Tank
BOE Clam Hinge
BOE ST exhaust
CIRO Racing Dual Element Wing
Self -Fabricated trunk bracing for the wing
Self-Fabricated Front Splitter and mounts with APR rods
Sector111 Harness Bar
Schroth Harnesses
LETSLA shifter kit
Shifter bracing
AEM boost gauge
AEM AFR gauge
TR Motorsport 15" wheels, square setup
Hoosier A6 245F/275R
Custom Spacers to make it fit
Voltphreaks Battery

Soon to be installed:
PPE header
SS brake lines
ProAlloy Radiator

I think that's it.

Oh, forgot to mention - 130lbs of lead ballast!!! to make it SSM legal.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So apparently the wing was SSM illegal due to a rules change a few years ago we were not aware of. It was 2" too wide on each side. Prior regulations stated the wing had to be no wider than the widest part of the car's original bodywork. Now it defines the widest part of the car to be measured at the widest part of the car's doors, excluding the mirrors.

We've cut it shorter, and had to re-cap the ends for the endplates. Not an easy task.

Ugh, lesson learned. Read the latest version of the rules, and read them carefully!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
So apparently the wing was SSM illegal due to a rules change a few years ago we were not aware of. It was 2" too wide on each side. Prior regulations stated the wing had to be no wider than the widest part of the car's original bodywork. Now it defines the widest part of the car to be measured at the widest part of the car's doors, excluding the mirrors.

We've cut it shorter, and had to re-cap the ends for the endplates. Not an easy task.

Ugh, lesson learned. Read the latest version of the rules, and read them carefully!
:facepalm At least it wasn't too short! Hopefully there arent anymore rule changes for 2015.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts