The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new SSRs from tire rack, and they come with some "SSR" "Competition" and "Semi Solid Forged" stickers that don't stick. I'm guessing they are actually decals or something. How do I get them to stick on? Its been a loooong time since I've made a model airplane...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Evl said:
So I just got my new SSRs from tire rack, and they come with some "SSR" "Competition" and "Semi Solid Forged" stickers that don't stick. I'm guessing they are actually decals or something. How do I get them to stick on? Its been a loooong time since I've made a model airplane...
Just clean the spokes with a good glass cleaner - then stick em on!

Alex

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I finally figured this out. :rolleyes: My problem was I started with the "Semi Solid Forged" stickers, which I stuck on the rim's lip. I figured I'd stsart w/ the ones I didn't car about. Anyway, when I stuck them on, the backing pulled them right back up again, so I stuck them back down (not pulling the backing back up), and figured they were decals. By the time I got around to looking up decal application on the net, and went to go pull them off and try the warm water technique, they stuck. :) Apparently the many letters with small area don't grab very well and you just have to be a little patient when pulling the backing off so you don't pull the letters up too. The "SSR" and "Competition" ones are a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
You might want to just leave them off. I put them on, but it would be a cleaner look without them. Actually, I only put on "SSR" and "Competition"... on opposite spokes. Looks OK, but I may peel them off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts