The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Elise/Exige SSR Wheels $1,000

$1,000 Full Set; Perfect condition (just need a good cleaning). Gently used exclusively for autocross events several years ago. No dings or dents with all center caps. Current slicks may still have some life but seeing as they have been sitting for a few years I would be wary. SoCal Redlands/Beaumont area.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Theses are probably great wheels for autocross and street use, but I would advise that they not be used for track day events. I had two sets because they were inexpensive, but almost every one of them eventually developed cracks in the spokes. I understand SSR stopped selling them for that reason. Tire Rack used to sell them, but no more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will need to double-check but I am fairly certain they are 16x6.5 (12.4lbs) front and 17x7.5 (13.5lb) for the rear

·
Registered
216 Posts
Those were the sizes of both sets of SSR Wheels I had. Got the first set from Tire Rack. Got the second set used because Tire Rack and SSR had discontinued them. Eventually found cracked spokes on four of eight wheels. No complete failures, but I was checking carefully after another Lotus owner told me of the cracks that had developed in the spokes of his SSR wheels. If someone is using these wheels on the track they will probably be OK as long as they are checked regularly. Once a crack develops in a spoke the wheel cannot be repaired. I took four of them to an aluminium recycler with some cans and sold the ones that were still good with a warning to the buyer about cracking in track use.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you look at the wheels on my car in my avitar you will see the second set of SSR wheels I had. The first set was silver. Second set was painted gunmetal gray.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info! I believe these came from Sector 111 and are the same ones listed here https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/used-rare-ssr-wheels-complete-set-1250-a-468690/ so I am not sure these are actually the same as the ones from tire rack or suffer from the same issue you mention but I will take your word for it. I don't see any cracks or issues what so ever and they have been used on several autocross events but never on a road coarse so maybe that's why they are all still flawless.(?) I guess I can re-list them as "street or autocross recommended" wheels. They definitely look great and work well as additional set of wheels. My only reason for selling is I already have three other sets of different wheels so I don't really need four... ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flawless SSR complete set in SoCal. No scratches or dents, just need to clean off the tire dust...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts