The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We carry a line of SSR wheels that we dont list on our site and i noticed a listing made specificaly for the Lotus Elise.

The sizes are:

Fronts: 16x7 4x100 +30 11.1lbs $375 per wheel
Rears: 17x9 4x100 +22 16.5lbs $540 per wheel

Shipping time and cost varies because they are special order from Japan. Minimum shipping cost is $50 per wheel and usually between 60-90 days wait time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
can you post a picture of the actual rim size and offset?

I only ask because wheel companies tend to take the "best" looking offset and sizing to be used as the "marketing picture".

Mainly. i'm looking at how much concavity the lotus offsets have

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sir, these are listed in the SSR vehicle specific chart made for the Lotus Elise w/the size and offset for front and rear.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one that i know personaly, i haven not gotten them for anyone yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a set of SSR Comp Cs in anthracite. 16 x 7 front and 17 X 8 rear. I'm certain you could use 17 X 9 without rubbing. I'm running 225s up front and 245s rear with my set up. I'm not exactly sure why someone would want the 17 X 9 unless they have much stiffer suspension and more power. (I have the Katana s/c on my Elise). I track my car and being able to rotate it is very important. With the wider rears, I would guess it would understeer (push) more before getting the car to rotate. At any rate, I love my SSRs and would recommend them to everyone.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a set of SSR Comp Cs in anthracite. 16 x 7 front and 17 X 8 rear. I'm certain you could use 17 X 9 without rubbing. I'm running 225s up front and 245s rear with my set up. I'm not exactly sure why someone would want the 17 X 9 unless they have much stiffer suspension and more power. (I have the Katana s/c on my Elise). I track my car and being able to rotate it is very important. With the wider rears, I would guess it would understeer (push) more before getting the car to rotate. At any rate, I love my SSRs and would recommend them to everyone.

yes i am sure they would fit for the same reason, just based on tire sizes i have seen. Ditto about the rims too, i have them and love them. i do have a lot more power and need the extra width to stretch a bigger tire on the back of my car tho.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yeah, the stock rear offset is +38 (fronts +31)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Stock rear backspace is ~5.25", so the backspace remains the same on the 17x9. Maybe it'll turn out to be closer to 5.5" backspace and it'll only come out an inch more than the stock wheel. A 245 might fit under the fender.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well let's see...if the stock offset is 38mm, and these are 22mm, the wheel centerline moves out by 16mm ~ 0.63". Since this wheel is 1.5" wider than stock, the outer lip moves 0.63" + 0.75" = 1.38" out from stock. The inner lip moves 0.75" - 0.63" = 0.12" inwards from stock. So...they might work OK, if I did the arithmetic right.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
the outer lip of the 9" rim will stick out 35mm from the current 7.5" rim position. That's a lot. With 8" RACs the amount is 12mm and that very close to the fender.

offset calculator
Wheel Offset Calculator

1 - 17 of 17 Posts