The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a good friend in the biz that SSR wheels might be coming back with lotus bolt patterns on their SSR Type F wheels. I know a lot of the elise guys used to run SSR type C/Comps when tire rack sold SSR.

I think these Type Fs would look buff as hell on an elise/exige. The 17s seem to come in a nice range of sizes as well.

SSR Wheels - SSR Type-F

What do people think of this wheel on the elise/exige. They seem pretty light too (the rears might be 2 lbs heavier than the RACs).

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I've had my eye on these wheels ever since they were released, but they didn't have 17x8 available so I bought RACs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
too many spokes for my liking.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I think this is the stock wheel for the Exige S260. I was at Newport European the other day picking up parts and they had about 4 new S260s all equipped with this wheel - and I want one (S260, not one wheel).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am pretty sure it's not the exact same wheel on the S260, but similar in style.

I heard that they might just expand the 4 x 100 bolt pattern to some of their wider sizes (think maybe like a 17 x 9).

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think this is the stock wheel for the Exige S260. I was at Newport European the other day picking up parts and they had about 4 new S260s all equipped with this wheel - and I want one (S260, not one wheel).
The SSR looks similar to the S260 wheel, but it's not the same.

I read somewhere that the S260 wheel is actually a Team Dynamics ProRace 1.4.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
these have same number of spokes as 260, but these spokes have more curvature. A plus for me, but I already have a set of wheels and these have sizing issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts