The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be fun!!!:shift:

When: Saturday, April 25, 2009; meet at 9:30, accelerators down at 10:00ish. Please show up with a full tank of gas!!!
Start point: St. Louis Motorsports at Chesterfield Valley --> St. Louis Motorsports
Lunch: We will be eating at the Lighthouse Inn just across the river from Louisiana --> Home
End point: We should be back in the area of the starting point between 3-4pm.
Total miles: around ~187 +- round trip
Pace: Safety first!!!! We will drive at a moderate to brisk pace, not too crazy. However, I encourage driving at your own pace. We will hold at each intersection for the tail gunner.

Directions

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about just meeting us for lunch at the Lighthouse Inn? :up:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesse

Have you driven these roads before - if so how are they? Potholes, rock/gravel, shoulders, etc?
I was going to do the pre-drive this past weekend in my daily driver, but got busy with family stuff. I've "ridden" these roads in the past, and they are good to very good. We had a relatively mild winter, so potholes shouldn't be an issue. The only thing I haven't checked out is the restaurant, but I've heard tons good things about the food and people. You should join us:cool:

BTW, congrats on your new purchase:nanner2: That's a nice car! My daughter snapped quite a few pics of it at the last cars & coffee event. Who did you work with over at STL Motorsports?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Jesse,

If I can get the car out of hibernation easily, I'd like to make the drive.
Hope it doesn't rain, don't have much tread left on the rear tires.

Jae

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Thanks -

I worked with Adrian. I was aware of the car as soon as it came into port and was able to get some pictures of it while it was there (next to Seinfelds) and then went to see it when it arrived here. I went to see it that day while they were doing PDI and clean up. I then had to leave town for business (which was during the last cars and coffee). Adrain and I worked things out when I got back.

The Chrome Orange is a bit of an adjustment for me - - - as if driving an Exige didn't elicit enough attention - the orange with carbon fiber and stripes is almost embarrassing.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jesse,

If I can get the car out of hibernation easily, I'd like to make the drive.
Hope it doesn't rain, don't have much tread left on the rear tires.

Jae
That would be great! FYI, I have a Columbia Mo run set up for a little later in the season that includes lunch at Murray's:up: Also, I would like to set up a run to KC for some good BBQ and meet up with the sister Lotus club up there. Do you happen to know a good contact for that group? I may try and reach out to TurboPhil on here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That would be great! FYI, I have a Columbia Mo run set up for a little later in the season that includes lunch at Murray's Also, I would like to set up a run to KC for some good BBQ and meet up with the sister Lotus club up there. Do you happen to know a good contact for that group? I may try and reach out to TurboPhil on here.
Murray's is a great choice! Good parking in front too. Can't wait for the Columbia run.

For KC, TurboPhil is the man, he organizes all the GTG's, really nice guy, just send him a PM.

Jae

·
Registered
178 Posts
BUMP for a fun drive....c'mon people....It will be great weather Saturday!

Come check out the St. Louis Motorsports showroom and the inventory including new 2009 Lotus cars before you set off, also, we recently got a shipment of Lotus branded goods in our boutique for you to check out.

I'll even make pre-drive cappuccino's if you ask nicely

Cheers ,Adrian ~ Lotus St. Louis ~ [email protected]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Okay...cappuccino's AND a Lotus Pen.

Sold a Lotus Exige-S today to a local Lotustalk lurker...he plans to pick it up Friday and say's he will join this drive Saturday !

He is a direct sale from this website and can't wait to be driving his Lotus !

Cheers, Adrian

Lotus St. Louis.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
162 Posts
What!? There's other nice things to look at than fancy cars at STL Motorsports?
Did not notice last time, will pay much closer attention this Saturday!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent! I'll be sure and get him intro'd to Eric and the rest of the guys in teh local club.:up:

·
Registered
178 Posts
...Sorry I couldnt join the drive today ( work shmirk) ...but at least I got to post the first pictures !

:coolnana: Adrian Hill ~ Lotus St. Louis ~ :wave:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks Jesse for setting this up!
Thanks to Lotus St. Louis for letting us use their facilities.
Had a great time.
So when do we do it again?

Jae

1 - 20 of 24 Posts