The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's try this again... :D

This will be a fun preview for a later official STALLS drive! Destination is Columbia, MO for lunch and chats with our fellow Lotus friends from the central west side of the state.

When: Saturday, August 1, 2009; meet at 9:30, accelerators down at 10:00ish. Please show up with a full tank of gas!!!
Start point: St. Louis Motorsports at Chesterfield Valley
Lunch: We will be eating at Murray's, or another spot selected by our local Columbia, MO brethren
End point: We should be back in the area of the starting point between 3-4pm.
Total miles: around ~307 +- round trip
Pace: Safety first!!!! We will drive at a moderate to brisk pace, not too crazy. However, I encourage driving at your own pace. We will hold at each intersection for the tail gunner.

Route: from:1 Arnage Dr, Chesterfield, MO 63005 (Bentley St Louis) to:38.669562,-90.634632 to:MO-47 - Google Maps

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the Columbia MO guys/gals, we can meet up at the fueling station near McKittrick (corner of 19 and 94 just north of Hermann) around 11ish if you don't want to make the long trip to the start point, but want more drive time. :up:

Jai, I expect to see you at the start point! :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yay ! Wish I could go...but I'll be 'minding the store' as usual !

I will make sure its bright and sunny by doing a sun dance ritual the evening prior - works every time. :)
Cheers,
Adrian Hill :wave:

Don't forget to come in and check out our current Lotus and other exotic inventory while your'e all here.

[email protected]

Please subscribe to me tounge in cheek Youtube test drive videos using the link below !

YouTube - stlouismotorsports's Channel

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm in!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think I can make it, pending on when I complete kitchen detail for 18 people. Sounds like fun to me. I need to get my front clam back on, resistor pack is now complete.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Jesse,

Great idea! If I can find a co-pilot, I'll meet you guys at St. Louis Lotus at 9:30am.
Murray's sounds great.

Jae

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wifey is debating on going or not....she wants to know if there will be any wives/girlfriends there or is this going to be a sausage party?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wifey is debating on going or not....she wants to know if there will be any wives/girlfriends there or is this going to be a sausage party?
Either my wife or my daughter will be tagging along. I'm trying to determine which one I like better at this point:mw:

·
Registered
178 Posts
BUMPAGE ! for ducboy and STALLS crew.

Even though I can't make the drive as I have to be at the store like a muppet..... :(
I'll be happy to make one of my dee-lish & completely authentic cappuccino's for any Lotus Driver / Co pilot using our Lamborghini corporate image enforced ( $16,000.00 !) fancy pants polished stainless steel Italian Cappuccino maker.

Adrian
[email protected]tusstl.com

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Weather...the forecast is continuing to change, so we went from 10% isolated showers to now 50% chance of early afternoon thunderstorms. I'm good with driving in the wet, but I know some aren't. That said, I will be making the drive regardless because I need to review portions of the route to ensure a good drive with the full on STALLS group. So, if you are not a sissy pants, I'll see you there:D

:shift:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Weather...the forecast is continuing to change, so we went from 10% isolated showers to now 50% chance of early afternoon thunderstorms. I'm good with driving in the wet, but I know some aren't. That said, I will be making the drive regardless because I need to review portions of the route to ensure a good drive with the full on STALLS group. So, if you are not a sissy pants, I'll see you there:D

:shift:
^^^^What he said
Rain is Manly and I have it on good authority that the windscreen wiper works just fine on Lotus cars !

Plus, This is what I'm takin' bout...Ummm.

^^^^ I MADE THAT ! ^^^^ Adrian - [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lotus Event September 10-13th

We are proud to announce that Lotus Cars is attending Crescent Classic in Eureka Springs, AR on September 10th-13th 2009.

Skip Barber Racing will be sponsoring the Rally on Friday September 11th in a Lotus Exige provided by Lotus Cars.

Previous manufacturers featured at Crescent Classic include Maserati, Bentley and Ferrari. Crescent Classic has been featured on SPEEDTV and FORZA Magazine.

Crescent Classic is sponsored by Ferrarichat.com, SPEEDTV, RUF Autocentre, Skip Barber Racing, Summer Winds Resorts, Premier Sports Cars.

Adrian Hill from Lotus STL has been invited to Crescent 2009, Adrian has attended Crescent Classic in years past.

We have reserved a limited number of spaces for Lotus owners to attend.

For more information please go to www.crescentclassicrally.com

I hope this information is well received, we are excited about becoming involved with Lotus.

Chris Parr

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ugh....

Well, I may be out. I've been fighting some kind of ailment the past two days. I'll set my alarm for the morning, but if I don't show up, don't hold up the drive on my account. :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heading out the door in 15! Let's get it in gear people! :nanner2:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had a great time! It rained for a bit less than an hour early on and then turned into a really nice day!

I met so many new people, and I get the impression others did to. If you went maybe post your first name and what you drove...

Steve - Black Exige S

take care

P.S. Eureka springs has the best roads in the midwest if not the US. Twisty twisties that go through wilderness, so no cars coming in and out or cities to go through. They don't really connect anywhere to speak of either for the most part.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had a great time as well.....Thanks so much for organizing this Ducboy!

Paul--Chrome Orange Elise.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys! Yeah, it was a good time for sure. The roads were pretty good in most areas, and really good in others. I really liked 79 south of Columbia and 100 west of Herman. Lunch was great, usual for Murray's. I have to say, the steak sandwich was questionable though! rotfl And, of course, it was great to meet new and old friends :up:

Some stats from the ride:

Total milage - 329
Total time - 8hrs 52min :panic: <--includes lunch, fuel re-route, and multiple pee breaks :D
Top speed - 105mph
Average Speed - 68mph
Total number of Jeff City hoosiers hanging out the window flashing gang signs at us - 1

Jesse - PoB Exige

1 - 20 of 22 Posts