The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stage 1 exaust on my car...dose some one nose for sure if this exaust gives u extra hp???

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
AndiD said:
I have the stage 1 exaust on my car...dose some one nose for sure if this exaust gives u extra hp???
Sorry no HP gain at all...It's even debated that the Stage 2 gives you 1or 2 ponies.

I hope you like the sound cause thats what it gives you.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm talking to Shinoo, but will likely (within the day) order the Quicksilver exhaust. I like that there's no cutting of anything, and it looks nice. Specs on Db levels are posted on the Sector 111 site.

Anyone know how the sound matches up to the Stage two? I assume this will not impact my HP, but it should be much lighter than standard, and louder of course. Shinoo is getting back to me on the weight...

:D

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Surferjer said:
I'm talking to Shinoo, but will likely (within the day) order the Quicksilver exhaust. I like that there's no cutting of anything, and it looks nice. Specs on Db levels are posted on the Sector 111 site.

Anyone know how the sound matches up to the Stage two? I assume this will not impact my HP, but it should be much lighter than standard, and louder of course. Shinoo is getting back to me on the weight...

:D
So with the Quicksilver for example, your warranty cannot be nullified unless the problem that needs repair can be traced back to the exhaust right?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
_JD_ said:
So with the Quicksilver for example, your warranty cannot be nullified unless the problem that needs repair can be traced back to the exhaust right?
That would be correct.

I think Shinoo and I were considering a Stage 2 vs Quicksilver sound off...and maybe a Dyno.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I ordered it. Perhaps Stan and I can get together after I put it on and do a comparison sound test. His stage 2 was definitely louder than my standard, but not a lot so until you hit higher revs and, according to him, a lot louder on the gurgle as the engine comes back down. A comparison with the QS should be interesting.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
hmmm-will need to start a storage location for parts as they come off my car. No reason to toss the standard exhaust; it's only got 5K miles on it at this point.

·
Registered
413 Posts
$ value of stock exhaust?

Just curious is the stock exhaust (barely used) worth anything? at all? estimates?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Re: $ value of stock exhaust?

DCNSX said:
Just curious is the stock exhaust (barely used) worth anything? at all? estimates?
Eventually.

Early in the life of the Elise here, there will be more take off stock exhausts than anyone wanting one. They have not worn out yet. But hold on to it and eventually someone will want to replace their muffler.

How much? I did that with my MR2 muffler when I bought the car. Took it off and stored it. 5-7 years later, sold it for $150.
LOL... not really worth storing... but what else would you do with it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts