The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Lotus Stage 2 exhaust louder (outside the car) than a stock Murcielago exhaust or Ferrari or any other supercar for that matter? Im asking because I keep hearing how loud the Stage 2 exhaust it. I know these supercars have loud exhausts as well but they do not sound to loud or obnoxious to me. So I thinking the Stage 2 might be louder..... I already know the stage 2 is louder on the inside. Maybe except for a Koenigsegg where no one can hear you scream lol.

PS... if anyone know the decibel level for interior noise with stage 2 that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
460 Posts
a work friend has a 360 modena and he says that my lotus is louder than his car but his sounds pretty loud to me!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it's louder than any of those cars by quite a bit.
Thanks.... Just the answer I needed. I will choose accordingly. I want to still have my hearing when I get older so this is actually important to me. I hear the larini is quieter than stock and still sounds better so that might be the way to go for me.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
From a couple of days ago:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_kTekMv5k8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_kTekMv5k8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I am 2nd to last. A straight pipe v12 testarossa is before me (kind of washes me out). I also hit the redline in 3rd so I just went into neutral (you can hear the engine dropping). A brand new f430 is behind me and seems louder, I am pretty sure it is stock exhaust. Let me find more

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I personally dont find the stage II exhaust loud, Im running the 2bular 4" Ultra which is much louder than the Stage II and its not even really that loud.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_kTekMv5k8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t_kTekMv5k8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I am 2nd to last. A straight pipe v12 testarossa is before me (kind of washes me out). I also hit the redline in 3rd so I just went into neutral (you can hear the engine dropping). A brand new f430 is behind me and seems louder, I am pretty sure it is stock exhaust. Let me find more

good post :up:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice video.... The interior decibel is alot worse in the Lotus im sure though. Thats what directly affects the driver.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Uh yeah, louder is not better.

Where is the "why are you comparing the 4-cyl Japanese motor to 8 or more cyl Italian ones" smiley?!?!?! LULZ!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont know if your commenting toward me but if you are then you need to actually pay attention to what was said. I posted this as a concern because I was not aiming for a really loud exhaust.

Uh yeah, louder is not better.

Where is the "why are you comparing the 4-cyl Japanese motor to 8 or more cyl Italian ones" smiley?!?!?! LULZ!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I personally dont find the stage II exhaust loud, Im running the 2bular 4" Ultra which is much louder than the Stage II and its not even really that loud.
Ridiculous... yours sounds like a freight train going down the track already. -eek-

At least it has performance to match :D

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Dont know if your commenting toward me but if you are then you need to actually pay attention to what was said. I posted this as a concern because I was not aiming for a really loud exhaust.
I was joking :D If you don't want a loud(er) exhaust, then what are you getting one for? Leave the stock one on :p

I don't think there is a single off-the-shelf aftermarket exhaust that is "quieter" than stock, so they're all going to be "loud" some more than others.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
IIRC, at WOT I read ~101dBA (top on) and ~104dBA (top off) in-car with a Stage 2 and Turbo XS intake. +3dBA on both with a de-cat. Idle's around 80-85dBA.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

Was that after Santana Row on Saturday? I missed you guys by 3 minutes :(

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
What's the distance from the 1.7 pit to the 1.3 pit? About 100-150 yards?

I've had people watching Lambos on the 1.7 hear me running on the 1.3 and walk over because they could hear my Ultra over the Lambos.
:evil:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Thanks.... Just the answer I needed. I will choose accordingly. I want to still have my hearing when I get older so this is actually important to me. I hear the larini is quieter than stock and still sounds better so that might be the way to go for me.

There are options for you from 2bular as well. :) Check out Blackwatchracing.com. There's a variety of set-ups.

If you frequently use your hard top or soft top, the stage II is actually very tolerable.

If you go top off a lot, you won't like the drone. But you won't hear it with either top on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts