The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with a stage 2 exhaust on the Exige (or Elise) being too loud on track days?

Also does anybody know what kind of decebels it shouts out at full rpm? then i can check with my local circuits to check if it will be ok.

I really want the full on thrills of the stage 2, but may hold back if its going to get me black flagged, or force me to reduce rpm to keep the noise down.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Based on sound checks at Laguna Seca, a stage II at full tilt runs about 97dbA. The sound station is 50 feet off track right. Early part of a uphill straight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quieter than most

I don't have quantitative answers for you, but I can tell you my stage 2 lotus is one of the quieter cars on the track (when running with the mustangs, vipers, hondas, modified evos + sti's etc.) The only quieter cars I can recall are the M3's.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Depends on the track though OTB, if there are cars louder than a stage 2 elise, then there is probably no sound limit on that track. Whereas at Laguna, it does NOT pass sound, unless you short shift when passing the sound booth, but that could still have mixed results (from what I hear). So the elise is probably the loudest there. Not sure what tracks L33 is talking about so we will have to see

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in Britain, so it could well be that our sound limits are lower due to the higher populated areas near the circuits. 97db isnt too high though, so hopefully i should be ok. Worst case i could just use the tactic of short shifting past the sound recorder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts