The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Janspeed took over the manufacture of the Stage II muffler for Lotus. CLF originally made them. Many, but not all, of the CLF versions had problems with the bracket welds failing. Re-welding the brackets or warranty exchange was the solution. Again, not all of the CLF Stage II mufflers had trouble with the brackets -- only the ones that Kent welded.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i saw that you are selling the stage 2 and arqray. which one is louder?? or what will be the loudest muffler? thanks for the help

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the Arqray is way louder, its probably louder than anything else out there. BUT , its a good loud, you kind of get addicted to it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I might be interested.

Is the installation done by the dealer(how much)? by me? dont know anything.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I might be interested.

Is the installation done by the dealer(how much)? by me? dont know anything.
the actual install is a peice of cake. took me about 2 hours total, including enlarging the hole (tin snips or dremel tool can do this really easilly). i personally think it would be a waste of money to have a dealer do it for you. just be sure to soak the band clamp/joint on your old cat back in liquid wrench or some other penetrating product for a few hours before you try to slide it off.

there's a really good thread in the exhaust forum that explains in detail the steps to change the exhaust. Stage 2 Install w Pics. you should be able to find the hole template there too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cool, that sounuds like something I could do.
I'm very handy but I just havent worked with cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts