The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know what the Janspeed Stage 2 exhaust rates on the decibel scale at WOT on an otherwise stock Elise?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, thanks Larry! Some local autocross clubs are considering going to a 93 or 100 db limit next season. If it's 93 I'm in trouble.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Perfect, thanks Larry! Some local autocross clubs are considering going to a 93 or 100 db limit next season. If it's 93 I'm in trouble.
:huh: Is any club with such rules really worth joining? Do they hold out their pinkies while sipping tea? ..."Please pass the Grey Poupon"... :D

BTW, my Stage 2 sounds best inside tunnels and overpasses.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:huh: Is any club with such rules really worth joining? Do they hold out their pinkies while sipping tea? ..."Please pass the Grey Poupon"... :D

BTW, my Stage 2 sounds best inside tunnels and overpasses.
It's not so much a club restriction but many of the local venues we use in suburban areas are going to stop renting sites if we don't cut the noise levels. No sites=no autocross.

·
Toys Performance
931 Posts
Mine was under 92 DB at our local autocross. The surrounding terrain and where the DB meter is positioned is going to affect the reading. I enjoyed the exhaust for a full season but the drone really got to me and I switched over to a BOE Silent Touch.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So my 06 Elise with bone stock motor and LSS Janspeed stage 2 failed sound at a local autocross yesterday. 101 dB at 50 feet, 1 over the limit. I think it was mostly due to a small lot with a lot of surrounding buildings and a large stadium for all the sound to bounce around.

Bavarian, you're thinking about a SuperTrap. That's it's own little system that goes onto the exhaust so you can add/remove disks to limit noise. A 2ZZ MR2 at this particular event was running it and passd noise even though he's normally louder than me. He did mention his car ran like a pig after the cam crossover (choking from the backpressure).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts