The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stage 1 a few years back, I removed the silencer with the stock exhaust, because it was acting like a vacuum sweeping the road into the filter.
Stage 2 this spring I installeda Stage 2 and love it except, I'm thinking I want some silencer effect back to minimize the 3400-3800 rpm drone somewhat. Any ideas?? Reinstall 1/2 of the silencer or a short downturned smooth tube with trumpet on the end?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Replacing the snorkel on the airbox will not change the drone of your muffler.

My suggestion: ear plugs.
+1 except my suggestion is change mufflers.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
But, but, I like the Stage II's howling the most when it runs in high RPM. I heard so many different mufflers in HK, but none have the machincal sound as LTS Stage II has in the high RPM.

So I installed a 10" sub to over come it.:D

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,148 Posts
Going from NA to vf2 resulted in a drone-free ride. The IC must have quelled the racket. Expensive solution, but you won't regret it.

-Robert

·
Registered
823 Posts
But, but, I like the Stage II's howling the most when it runs in high RPM. I heard so many different mufflers in HK, but none have the machincal sound as LTS Stage II has in the high RPM.

So I installed a 10" sub to over come it.:D
Then I guess we go back to RoadDad's suggestion.:shrug:

Forced induction (turbo's in my experience) does seem to quiet drone...(great excuse for a turbo.)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Drive it over 4K all the time :shrug:

I wear earplugs with my stage II if I am taking a long highway ride.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
If anyone that are capable to open up a LTS Stage II and replace the insulation material to a non compacted material (when hot) then it will be perfect.

Or simply copy the LTS II with better insulation material.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.