The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....I must apologize in advance if I'm being redundant, but I have to confess, I *HATE* the search function on this forum....either it sucks or I don't know the secret to it.

I recently did the Sector111/Katana supercharger.....Love it.....I already had the Stage II exhaust, but I heard Turbophil's VonHep at Heartland Park and really like the sound/look. I was wondering though.....If I go the VonHep route, I guess I have to get a new diffuser since I'll have a gaping hole in mine? Where does one get one, and how much?

·
Registered
773 Posts
It is not too hard to "plug" that hole either, by removing it, doing an "overlay" on the top (in)-side of the tray, then to "hide" the slight ridge left behind, simply black powder-coat the whole thing, as a simpler, quite economical solution.

Just another option is all too.
Cheers,
-Grant

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Hi guys....I must apologize in advance if I'm being redundant, but I have to confess, I *HATE* the search function on this forum....either it sucks or I don't know the secret to it.

I recently did the Sector111/Katana supercharger.....Love it.....I already had the Stage II exhaust, but I heard Turbophil's VonHep at Heartland Park and really like the sound/look. I was wondering though.....If I go the VonHep route, I guess I have to get a new diffuser since I'll have a gaping hole in mine? Where does one get one, and how much?
I've got a trick to fill that hole... You probably didn't notice, but my diffuser is absent that hole...

I used galvanized sheet metal available at HD. Cut a square large enough to cover the exhaust cutout with atleast a 1/2 oversizing and round the edges with standard tin snips. While you're at HD, get some thin double sided foam tape, 1/2" wide or so...

Lay your square over the hole and mark where it needs to be creased to follow the diffuser contour. Crease the sheet metal over your work bench edge. Clean all surfaces so they're grease free. Line the entire perimeter of the square with the foam dbl sided tape and stick it to the diffuser from the top side of the diffuser (not the bottom). You will barely be able to see the panel, if at all and it will create 99% of the ground effects you're looking for...

Best,

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts