The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been stalling when coming to a stop for the last three years. Ron Mann sent Weissach a new ECM and I had it installed about two weeks ago. First thing I noticed was the idle is at 1000 rpms now. I thought that it was because the ECM was just replaced. I have about 1000 kms on the car since and the idle is still the same. I hasn't stalled since so thats good but with the idle being high the car is a little hard to drive in stop and go traffic. :wallbang:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice bandaid. Ya know there was a thread here a year or 2 ago where someone re-indexed the throttle butterfly which changed the home position. That was the best cure I heard of.

·
Registered
45 Posts
any chance you can post a link to this "old thread" i recently had idling issues on my 06 exige and would love to see how to cure it if it comes back.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry. Doubtful. The search feature on this forum sucks. You can feel free to search "idle" or "stalling" or "throttle". In bocca al lupo!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sorry. Doubtful. The search feature on this forum sucks. You can feel free to search "idle" or "stalling" or "throttle". In bocca al lupo!
You sir are correct... the search here is nearly useless.

Try this >>> Go to Google, and paste the following into your search window:

site:lotustalk.com stalling idle throttle

You can use the "site:insert website name.com" for any site you want. This works great for me on the forums I frequent that have crappy search functions. I just ran this search on Google and there were 747 results. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts