The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
AIMis locket only for lotus stream. in my opinion, that's a massive limitation as especially on S2 there are very few channels transmitted over the can bus.
Yea figures...I suppose in the long run it'll be better to get the MXG/MXP/MXS. I'll have more channels and functions. I just liked the nice oem fit and look of the MX2E.

I would really like to fit a MXG, but I'll have to cut into my stock oem binnacle to somehow make it work. the MXP is very similar in size to the MX2E...but dash configuration looks a little different than mxs and mxg.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I was told if you buy the full AIM version of the Lotus dash, it will fit in the same binnacle. Now you have all flexibility and can get very close to making it work like the Lotus dash.

Later,
Eldon
Do you know which is the full AiM version? The mxp seems closest in size. Although shaped a little different and doesn't seem to have outputs for the buttons that are integrated into the binnacle? It's unfortunate that they can't do some kind of firmware override.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I believe this is the same dash: AiM MXP Strada

Also, the buttons are just digital inputs that can be run to the dash and perform the same functions. You can even make them do different things if you want.

Later,
Eldon
Yea that's the closest in size, I think it should fit. I had a call into them earlier today. And they're going to find out for me if they can sell me their custom binnacle separately and if the mxp fits inside of it. Also if the buttons on the binnacle can be made to work with the mxp. Alternatively I might look into making the MXG work...I can take my spare oem binnacle and make cut-outs where it would protrude, and make cut-outs for where the buttons are. I'm sure the MXS fits...there's a thread somewhere on here with an install...but the 5" screen is a bit small for my liking.

Also just a note, the "Strada" refers to a street version. So it can display data but it doesn't actually log the data. So it's over $1k cheaper.

MXP

Font Drawing Auto part Engineering Parallel

MX2E
Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Auto part

MXG

Line Font Technology Circle Auto part

1 - 4 of 4 Posts