The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have an aux audio input into a Sony head unit in the Noble. Works great with a small MP3 player. The problem though, is that nothing tells the MP3 player to turn off and it runs off its own charge. And since the MP3 player does not have an active LCD (the backlight turns off after a minute), I forget it is on. So it runs when the car is off, until it runs out of juice.

Is there a better MP3 player for this application?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Regular Ipod ( no shuffle)? I think they might have some charger/interface cables.

Other than that -n ot that I'm aware. since the only connection is the aux input and the plug is permanently plugged in the MP3 would have to monitor the output "drain" on the audio - not sure if it's possible but don't think any of them do that. they all should sense the audio jack being unplugged.

Why not attach it by a lanyard to it and take it along? ( A hassle I know. )
BTW - I suffer from the same thing.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My solution to this problem was to get a PDA/phone combo. I use it as an MP3 player in my car, and when I'm done I have to take it out or else I'm without a phone. No need to carry an extra device to play mp3s.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
iPhone... :) You can load all your cool chasecam videos on it as well.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Which Crackberry do you have? My Pearl will play MP3 and you can put a 1GB transFlash. Speakerphone will then go through the stereo. You won't leave the car long without your phone.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't think of using my Pearl. There is an audio output jack. Would have to figure out how to mount it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why not just give in and get an ipod and the appropriate interface to your Sony? I have a dedicated Ipod for each vehicle (including the Elise). They are all hidden and only come out to add new songs. The 80GB classic is now only $250.

I hate Apple, but they really have gotten the MP3 thing nailed with all of the peripheral manufacturers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just buy an iPod (non-Shuffle) for the car

Really the best solution for car audio is the iPod/iPhone. You spent all that money on the car, getting a $150 device is a drop in the bucket for the best solution available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts