The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what the standard Elise headlight bulb would be? I know it is an H1 base, but what power is standard? Anyone know a part number to pick up at Pep Boys? I have one out that needs replacement obviously. I also rarely drive her at night so HIDs really are not at the top of my list. Thank you!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Light Bulbs Headlamps

prior '07
- main beam
Wattage 55
Type H7
- dip beam
Wattage 55
Type H1

from '07
- main beam
Wattage 55
Type H7U
- dip beam
Wattage 55
Type H7U

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
also - grab the osram nightbreakers off ebay....10 x brighter, still standard bulb..love mine - i replaced because my standard drivers side low beam burnt out - amazing difference. Same wattage, socket, but shorter life.

·
Older but getting faster
528 Posts
also - grab the osram nightbreakers off ebay....10 x brighter, still standard bulb..love mine - i replaced because my standard drivers side low beam burnt out - amazing difference. Same wattage, socket, but shorter life.
Great output comes at a price.

I'm replacing mine after 2 years and only 8,000 miles.

My solution is to kill the daytime running light circuit. :up:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
MY 2005's have no daytime running light circuit. That was an "improvement" (hahaha) 2006's had over the 2005's. I love my early car. They did not have time to "improve it". But to your point - sure - but 2 years is ok, really. $36 in two years, $9/year per bulb - i can do that.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Before you buy, decide if you want normal intensity or the very bright intensity.

Initially I put in the higher intensity (4 x brightness) but they did not last long (only 1/4 the time).

Now I simply use the normal intensity. Normal intensity for me lasts 2 years (about 40,000 km) whereas the high intensity lasted just 6 months. Since changing those bulbs takes quite some time, I prefer the longer lasting normal bulbs.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
low beam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts