The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The standard interior cloth does not look that good to me in any of the photos I have seen. Maybe it doesn't photograph that well. I am not a big fan of leather, but I would be interested in opinions from anyone who has seen either in person. Also any comments on the red vs. black leather would be welcome.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
The car at the LA Auto Show (Blue one) had a standard interior package. I thought it did not look very good and was a major factor in deciding to get the Touring Pack.

However, I was told then that the final production cars would probably look different.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Randy,

Did Symbolic also offer you a sport pack car without the Touring package?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I never found out if they had one. The second car they mentioned was Yellow, LSS, Touring. I took it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Randy Chase said:
The car at the LA Auto Show (Blue one) had a standard interior package. I thought it did not look very good and was a major factor in deciding to get the Touring Pack.

However, I was told then that the final production cars would probably look different.
Dido, on what Randy just said.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Randy,

I saw your reply about the standard seats on the "Official" board. What was it exactly that you did'nt like about them? Was it the feel of the cloth, the look or what? I'm sure that the full leather ones are nicer, but I'm still considering getting the standard interior. TIA.

Jim

edit- and, what is the type of fabric, is it soft or canvas-like?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I would just as soon have cloth, specially since it still had leather on the middle and both touring and standard have that grippy fabric stuff on the bolsters.

It was only how it looked. Too plain or something. Dunno. Was not happy with it. Not that it's a big deal.

I think the cloth is not canvas like nor soft. But softer/thicker than canvas. More course of a weave I think.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
In The Road And Track article by Sam Mitani an interior photo is accompanied by the words,"interior indicative of the U.S. car". A close examination of that photo shows the leather in the headrest, accompanied by a strip of additional leather running down the inner sides of the seat, flanked by cloth postioned on the outer most ends of those strip areas.The center panels covering the seat area going from the base of the leather headrest area, all the way down to theend of the lower seat cushion area, are cloth that appear in a '10 box' configuration, 4 panels of which are in the seat area and 6 panels in the backrest area. In essence the seats look like the standard seats we have seen on
the LA show cars with the positions of leather and cloth being reversed from that which appears in the Road and Track photo, accompanied by inner strips of leather running down the seat-back and seat-cushion sections which don't appear on the LA Show car
standard interior. Personally, I like the Road and Track version better and hope that it is the one to be offered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts