The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately the car I had settled upon sold a day before I cam back from vacation!!!:mad:

So, I have resumed my search for a new Elise/Exige and have been looking at several ECU Dumps on a few cars. One car that is priced averagely with approximately 2,000 miles on it has 5 standing starts on its read out. Is this too many to void a warranty? The fastest 0-100 KMH time is 4.9s.

Just worried I may buy the car and it won't be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I take it you're in Canada so that means these cars a little hard to come by? 1 standing start "could" void your warranty but it really depends on everything else the ECU says. I thought I saw 2 Canadian dealers post a couple of used cars for sale. Have you tried them yet? I'd be wary of any car with standing starts though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, I am in the U.S. The rest of the ECU dump looks pretty solid, I just saw the standing starts and was very concerned. Supposedly this car was driven by a Lotus exec...

I take it you're in Canada so that means these cars a little hard to come by? 1 standing start "could" void your warranty but it really depends on everything else the ECU says. I thought I saw 2 Canadian dealers post a couple of used cars for sale. Have you tried them yet? I'd be wary of any car with standing starts though.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Nope, I am in the U.S. The rest of the ECU dump looks pretty solid, I just saw the standing starts and was very concerned. Supposedly this car was driven by a Lotus exec...
If a Lotus exec only had 5 standing starts in the car and a 4.9sec 0-100... he must have had recent leg surgery prior to taking over that car.

If it is one of the ex-exec cars at an authorized Lotus dealership your warranty should be fine unless they tell you it isn't. Just ask them how much warranty is remaining.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My mistake, I saw the 0-100 KMH time and automatically assumed...:wallbang:

I can tell you that Lotus execs do not drive the vehicles like that and most likely it could have been a press car however; like RoadDad said, if you're buying from an authorized Lotus dealer, you should be fine. I'd recommend you speak to your dealer and have them speak to one of the field engineers for Lotus to give them a definitive answer on this. Never hurts to be too cautious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts