1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Wasn't there a second re-enforcement mod also available? I appreciate the help. Had a long day yesterday facilitating the run and then the maintenance day until dark today. I am beat and can't think straight! But I still have promises to fulfill. Once again, thanks for the help!

·
Less is Better
2,516 Posts
Thanks guys! Wasn't there a second re-enforcement mod also available? I appreciate the help. Had a long day yesterday facilitating the run and then the maintenance day until dark today. I am beat and can't think straight! But I still have promises to fulfill. Once again, thanks for the help!
Sector111 sells a product that reinforces the assembly by running a steel plate under the chassis. That one requires holes to be added to the tub.

http://www.sector111.com/parts/interior/shifters/re-enforcer.cfm

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
SSC sells one I did with the shifter cables also.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I did my stiffening job tonight using a brass pipe as the spacer. A pipe is far easier than a stack of washers. I found it easier to install if I loosened the 2 nuts at the front of the shifter, allowing me to slightly lift the whole housing. See pictures below.
Note: You might want to increase the bolt length to around 45 mm. I would have like to do that but ~40 mm was all I had.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts