The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks back I left the gas cap on the back of my car and drove off. I researched here on the forum and everyone said the Stant 11511 should be a direct replacement fit without modification. I purchased one and it doesn't seem to fit at all. Am I doing something wrong here? 2006 Elise for reference.

·
Administrator
13,551 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1; 2011 Audi S4 Manual
452 Posts
Bummer. This happened to me as well about a year ago so I know your frustration!

I got the Stant 10851 as @Catsailr27 mentioned above as I couldn't find the lockable 10521 online. I have started always holding the gas cap in my hand while I fill up and never setting it down, so I haven't lost it a second time.

If you use a Stant locking cap, the key is retained while open. Put that key on the ring with the ignition key. You're not driving away without it properly re-installed.

Whichever way you end up going you shouldn't be losing that gas cap again.👍

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts
Reactions: JMack77

·
Less is Better
3,332 Posts
where is that from?
It's supposed to act as a cap over the stock cap on a BMW but to fit on our cars you have to remove the stock cap and stick this to the base directly.

·
Administrator
13,551 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts