The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At this time I just going to post the pictures and video's. Ill make some comments later on as I am too tired. The yellow car was someone who pulled up while we were talking to wally about the car. The man in the yellow car said he had driven the federal elise at Road Atlanta, but what he told of the car seemed to contradict what all the articles on the 111r say about the kick that the toyota engine gives when it changes to the VVTI, but in a few months we will all know! The video's are of the exhaust and I was disappointed with the sound personally, but who am I?

Adam P

Video's:
Vid one Vid two

These pictures are large:










 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Adam,
The guy with the yellow elise was Andy Barron of Lotus Ltd. He did indeed drive one of the test fed. elises, back in Sept. He drove the black one and I drove the aztec bronze. Andy races a seven and his elise, so he knows cars. He was quite impressed by the us car he drove.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zvezdah1 said:
Adam,
The guy with the yellow elise was Andy Barron of Lotus Ltd. He did indeed drive one of the test fed. elises, back in Sept. He drove the black one and I drove the aztec bronze. Andy races a seven and his elise, so he knows cars. He was quite impressed by the us car he drove.

Chris
I dont doubt him at all, dont get me wrong please. It was Just strange that he said there is no real noticable kick, when every article stated there is a significant kick when the toyota engine hits that VVTI, nothing else we talked about was anything new. He did say the car was awesome to drive!!!!!

Adam P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Adam P said:
I dont doubt him at all, dont get me wrong please. It was Just strange that he said there is no real noticable kick, when every article stated there is a significant kick when the toyota engine hits that VVTI, nothing else we talked about was anything new. He did say the car was awesome to drive!!!!!

Adam P
Oh no I didn't take it the wrong way Adam, I was just really surprised when I saw Andy and his car in the pics!! small world. I also did not notice the huge kick that's been mentioned when I drove the aztec bronze car when I hit 6000 odd rpm either, don't know if it's the tune the engine was in or what.

;) Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
damn, beat me to it

yup andy - he knows more about that damn elise than just about any american not on the Lotus USA executive directors list!

when he speaks I listen -

that's why i'm not getting LSS.

He said his times at road atlanta w/ the regular suspension were faster than the motorsport elise.

also said tha if you spend more than 50% of the time on the streets, LSS is NOT for you.

hence no LSS for me until this becomes a dedicated track car.

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Biomax said:
damn, beat me to it

yup andy - he knows more about that damn elise than just about any american not on the Lotus USA executive directors list!

when he speaks I listen -

that's why i'm not getting LSS.

He said his times at road atlanta w/ the regular suspension were faster than the motorsport elise.

also said tha if you spend more than 50% of the time on the streets, LSS is NOT for you.

hence no LSS for me until this becomes a dedicated track car.

Robert
Thats funny, because Andy and Wally were both going on and on with negative comments about the LSS. Wally was telling me that in some cases the car is worse with lss then better, but he also said he never drove the car with or without the lss so what he is going on is hear say from andy I guess. Either way I got lss for the track time!

Adam P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Biomax said:
what number are you adam? Did you really get your order in already?


Robert
I am number 8 here in san antonio, should have my car by june. And yes I have placed my order, there is no looking back now!! BRG, LSS, touring package, and no hard top!

Adam P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
cool,

13 here at star.

Wally said i'd either be in the next batch, or the 3rd if he does groups of 6.

I can't take delivery until mid August anyway - so i actually may choose to go in th 3rd or 4th groups - it's a crap shoot really as nobody knows when they'll show up, and we have to put our orders in before we will know the answer.

So likely i'll make sure that it's later rathe than sooner. I really don't want my car sitting here a month w/ me out of the state!

Robert

btw - i'm almost 100% sure I'll be nightfall blue w/ biscuit; touring pack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,158 Posts
Thanks Adam. Just a note that both video links seem to be pointed at the same file. Here is the intended first link: intended first link
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Hmm.. Interesting...

The shot of the light units from the boot space seems to indicate that the US version gets fully functional center light units instead of only reverse and rear foglight use.

The european car was meant to light up all 4 'rings' at the back with the normal lights on, but this fell foul of some EU regulations so now only the outslide light units are enabled on these cars.

Lotus (of course) refuses to sell the small wiring harnesses and bulb holders separately for european customers to modify their lights, but now we might be able to get them from the US :D

Bye, Arno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Thanks Adam, nice pix, especially appreciate the one with your feet at the pedals, what size shoes? Nightfall blue right?
 
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Top