The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to Star Motors for service lately? I'm curious as to the current perception. When I first bought the car I took it to the dealer for the typical mileage checks, but preferred to do any other work myself. Then I started going to Gas Head. I did the oil line recall myself, but only on the fittings that easily came off. Thus, I still have a few original hose crimp fittings remain. My heater stopped working earlier this year and I assume it's the resistor pack. I don't want to take the clam off again and figured I can go to the dealer and have the oil line recall done and they can fix the resistor pack while the clam is off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Star Motors did my oil line recall a few years ago. They did not have to take the clam off, so you will not get the deal you were hoping for. The work they did was fine and timely. I haven’t been back since, so can’t tell you what their service is currently like. Anything I can’t do goes to Clint at Gas Head. For Houston type weather my oil was still running too cool with the two front oil coolers so I have since installed the BOE rear mounted oil cooler and have good oil temperatures now. I would skip the balance of the oil line recall and install the BOE kit instead (better oil pressure as well) and if you don’t want to do the work yourself, send it to Clint.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know about the clam not coming off. I poked my head under the access panel and one of the hoses that runs horizontally along the tub had some sort of scissor looking clamp on it. I had it at Gas Head earlier this year to troubleshoot the AC so I wonder if it was used to troubleshoot and was accidentally left on the hose and that caused the heat not to blow? I removed the clamp and had heat. Not sure if it is as hot as I remember, but definitely hotter than what it was doing, which was nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts