The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was surprised to find this instruction card in Symbolic's Elise for the clearbra:

No clay bar, no hard-compound wax, and 36" limit for pressure washing.

Here's another picture of the watermark in the corner. It's probably embossed with a squeeze-press stamp or maybe a hot stamp. You have to be looking for it to find it at all, and taking a picture of it is even harder. It's much more subtle than it looks here, and you have to catch the light/shadow on it to show.

And last, this is that Touring Pack soundproofing in the engine compartment. See that black and white flocked shell? Yeah. CORRECTION: This isn't the touring pack soundproofing. See Arno's post below

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the correction Arno. It was an incorrect assumption on my part.

As for Zaino, I can't imagine why that wouldn't be allowed -- it's very mild and unabrasive.

The clay bar probably isn't needed on the film, since it removes grit that's embedded in the clearcoat. I'm curious to see how much 'grunge' the film collects compared to paint.. stuff that doesn't just rinse or wash off.

Last, it's not my car -- it's the demo at Symbolic Motors La Jolla from Sunday. It's optioned just like my car, though.

And I agree that the soundproofing was really the only thing I wanted from the Touring Pack. MP3 CD Player was a bonus too. The rest they could keep. Especially the extra carpet -- I hope it comes out easily and has beautiful metal underneath.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.