The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tough to photograph in terms of lighting, angle, and without a macro lens! But below you can see one of the subtle watermarks on the star shield film. Very nice! This one is located just in front of the driver's side rear wheel well. BRP = the color.

Stan

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Thanks Stan.

The watermark was surprisingly visible on the saffron car I viewed yesterday. Will have to wait until tonight to see if it was captured in the shot.

There was no issue capturing the edges of the clear bra though. It's very visible at the least.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
By any chance does anyone know the position of each watermark? (Good trivia question to ask someone who knows EVERYTHING about the Elise)

Stan

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Chipped Paint

Looks like a the paint already chipped in the unprotected area. Starshield pattern doesn't look like it covers up to the edge. Armourfend patterns claim that they do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Stan - I hope the car in the pic is BRP and not Ardent

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Stan said:
By any chance does anyone know the position of each watermark? (Good trivia question to ask someone who knows EVERYTHING about the Elise)
I believe they are located in the "upper right corner" of each piece (although I haven't checked). It is/was very difficult to see the watermark on my Chrome Orange...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
After seeing the Safron Yellow car at Symbolic Motor Cars, I have come to the conclusion that the watermark on the StarShield is probably more visible with the darker colored cars. The watermark was difficult to see (and even more difficult to photograph) on Saffron Yellow. I'll post a pic tonight...

Bob

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
>>Looks like a the paint already chipped in the unprotected area. Starshield pattern doesn't look like it covers up to the edge. Armourfend patterns claim that they do.<<<

Nah it's not a chip, it's just some dirt that dried funny. Looks like the car was driven through a puddle. It had just been unloaded from the truck and had not yet been prepped.

Stan

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
>>>Stan - I hope the car in the pic is BRP and not Ardent<<<

It's BRP, same car as in the "Some BRP For Ya" thread. Here's a pic of the other side of the car, what a difference in the paint appearance! (I couldn't quite capture the Lotus symbol in this one, but you can gage it's location)

Stan

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Watermark on Saffron Yellow (Symbolic's Demo)

Here's the best pic I could take...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts