The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a half worn set of Z1 Star Specs on the front of my car and my rears are finished. Of course, they don't make the Z1 anymore so the questions is has anyone run Z1s on the front and Z11 on the rear? It looks like the Z11 has a bit better traction which would tend to make the car push (safe) but thought I would ask first.

Another questions is that the Z11 are on closeout at the Tire Rack so I assume they are being discontinued? Anyone have any details?

My other option, of course, is to replace all four or put four new R1Rs on but I am a bit concerned about the 140 tread wear rating.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It looks like the Z11 has a bit better traction which would tend to make the car push (safe) but thought I would ask first.

Another questions is that the Z11 are on closeout at the Tire Rack so I assume they are being discontinued? Anyone have any details?
My experience is auto-x based, mostly in an '00 S2000 and an '04 STi, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

The Z1 Star Spec had a wide operating range, both temperature and slip angle. I've found the Z2 (non Star Spec) to be temperature sensitive. They do not like heat, but do not fall off horribly. The Z2s have better ultimate grip than the Z1 Star Spec, but it's a narrower usable window with regard to slip angle. They don't like to be pushed past their limit.

The Z2 is being discontinued so Dunlop can roll out the Z2 Star Spec in Nov/Dec of 2014 (per Solomatters).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.